The Death of Loki Laufeyson

The plan was [to the valkyrie's surprise] working perfectly. Loki had won the trust of the dark elves and they had taken the Aether out of Jane's body.

Loki and Kari stood back to back, slashing, stabbing, and burning their way threw the dark elves. as they slayed the last two, they shared a look and went to Thor's aid. Kari arrived first, plunging her sword through her opponent's back. The dark elf stumbled and Loki stepped in front of Kari. She let out a shriek as her lover fell back against her. She extended her hand and a wave a blue fire engulfed him, burning him to a crisp.

"See you in hell, monster."

Kari choked back a broken sob as she moved so she could pressure on his wounds. "This is no time for your sass, my love. You need to preserve your strength."

Thor had made his way over to them as well. Loki was getting colder now, his skin seemed to be getting bluer by the second as he repeated "I'm sorry" like a broken record.

Kari brushed his hair out of his face as tears threatened to stroll down her face. "You've got nothing to be sorry for."

Thor nodded in a sign of agreement. "It's alright. I'll tell Father what you did here today."

Loki's eyes glanced between Thor and Kari. "I didn't do it for him."

His eyes fluttered close and Kari sat there for a moment in shock. As his skin turned fully blue, she let out a blood curdling scream and leant forwards, berrying her face into Loki's chest. This wasn't like the first time...no this felt different. This time she had physical proof that he was gone. All she could do was let out another heart wrenching sob into her love's chest. He is gone... and it's my fault.

In the back of her mind, she felt Thor shaking her, telling her that it was time to go, but she couldn't bring herself to move. Eventually the presence left, and she was all alone.

Kari couldn't tell you how long she sat there cradling him before the guards showed up. All she remembered was one second she was motionless, the next she was in action, desperately trying to protect the dead Prince's body.

Her movements were a simple blur in her mind until she felt herself being restricted, hands now chained behind her back. Heat began to build up in her throat and she let out a scream, exhaling a jet of blue flames, which quickly turned back to their normal orange. (A/n: And yes, I did draw inspiration from Avatar: The Last Airbender.)

Kari collapsed after a guard hit the back of her head with his sword, and her vision faded to black. The last thing she saw was Loki's body being caries away.