too far gone

Third Person:

As much as Kari would have liked to, it was nearly impossible to ignore the fact that the bifrost had gone off thrice within an hours time. Setting her book down, she set off to find what was going on. Little did Kari know, Loki was on a similar journey, but not with the same intent.

"Loki what is going on?" Her voice was soft but firm and demanding.

"Nothing Love, go back to bed." Her golden eyes narrowed.

"It didn't seem like nothing. Try again. You have been acting weird since Thor's friends confronted you."

"I'm not acting weird." Kari flinched slightly. A hurt look crossed her face.

"You lied. Your shoes are laced with ice from Jotunheim. Have you gone to negotiate peace?" One look at his face and the answer was clear as day: no.

It all happened so fast after that. Kari struck first. After that was a blur of well coordinated arms. It was definitely clear who ended the battle. Loki lept forwards to catch the sleeping Valkyrie.

"I'm sorry, my love. It will be better this way." He kissed her forehead before carrying Kari bride style back to the castle where he placed her on her bed. Kissing Kari's forehead one last time, Loki turned to finish his work. "Do not let her out of your sight." The guard nodded as he watched his King leave.

Kari's p.o.v:

What happened? I slowly pushed myself up and the memories come rushing back. I rush to my closet to view the armor. I use magic to change into a black bodysuit. It was complemented with dark red chest armor, a matching sash , and matching sandals. I quickly retrieve a sword from the armory and a horse that I had coaxed out of the stables.

"You can't stop it. The power that the bifrost shall grow till it rips jotunheim apart!" I quickly hop off of my horse and rush inside.

"Loki, no!" A confused look crosses Thor's face as he seemingly failed.

" Lady Kari...Father said that you had made your way to valhalla with the rest of your brethren.  How...?"

"Not now Sparky." I warn as I eye Loki.

"Oh...yes, of course."

"Are we all caught up? Good!" Loki took another swing at Thor, which I blocked.

"Loki, please. What does this achieve?" My voice was desperate as I threw him back.

"Father will finally see I'm a worthy son!"

"But you already are worthy! And if he can't see that then Odin must be blind in both his eyes.  To seek approval from someone such as Odin is to seek life from death. In the end, it is a waste of time. " Loki chuckled at my analogy. He didn't seem like he was planning to stop.

"Do you not get it? The only one who has ever approved of my antics is you and Mother! To everyone else I-i am nothing more than second best. When Father wakes up, I shall have saved his life , I shall have destroyed that race of monsters, and I shall be true heir to the throne." I give him a saddened look as it sank in. Perhaps, he is to far gone. I had never seen him in a state of ...psychosis such as the one before me.

"You can't destroy an entire race!" This time Thor spoke, his voice vast and strong like the lighting witch he channels.

"Why not? And what is this new found love for the frost giants? You? Why, you killed them all with your bare hands."

"I've changed." Thor's tone caused me to raise an eyebrow.

"So have I. Now fight me!" This time the spear smacked Thor in the face and I winced.

"Please do not make us fight you." Compared to the way Thor and Loki projected their voice, I might as well have been a mouse.

"Sorry, love, but I'm doing this for us. All of us."

"Brother, I shall not fight you!"

"I never wanted the throne, I JUST WANTED TO BE YOUR EQUAL!"  I placed myself between Thor and Loki once more.

"And you can be his equal. But not like this. Not like this."

"Move." The wind seemed to be knocked out of my lungs as I got in a defensive position, pointing the sword at him. I could feel the tears strolling down my cheeks and evaporating as soon as they hit.

" Make me." In the poor lighting, he vastly resembled Hella in all her pale glory. I must admit, it scared me.

"As you wish." He lunged forwards and the sword once again collided with his spear. The force sent both of us sprawling onto the ground. I crawled backwards as I studied his fighting patterns. Unlike with Thor, he was aiming to maim, not kill. I can use this.

Thor was now in front of I, his hammer connecting with Loki's spear. The shear force threw Loki onto the ground, where Thor tried to pin Loki with his hammer. I quickly got to my feet and circled around them, waiting for my perfect shot.

There. I hit Loki in the ribs with my hilt, wincing slightly. That will most definitely bruise. Loki turned and threw a swipe at me, then his brother. He went to stab Thor, who had stumbled and fallen, only to miss and impale the floor. Instead of pulling it out, Loki used it to gather momentum and kick Thor in the chest.

Clank, clank. Thump. Shouting that almost seemed playful. Then tackled through the wall thanks to Thor. Both Loki and I got caught in the tackle, which neither of us appreciated. I let out a shriek as Loki nearly fell off the bridge. I lunged forwards to try and help him up, forgetting our battle and opposition.

"Nonono, you shall be fine. I promise." As Thor also reached down to help, Loki stabbed him and I stood. I knew you still loved me. Loki's voice rang loud and clear in my head and I attempted to make eye contact with the Loki that wasn't a clone. I never stopped.

Thor let out a yell, shooting Loki back with a blast of lightning. He fell back winded where I joined his side. Thor placed Mjolnir on his chest. I stroke his cheek and kiss his forehead sadly before retreating back to Thor.

"If we break the bridge, the bifrost will break as well!" I had to shout so Thor could hear me over the bifrost.

"Forgive me Jane!" Mjolnir slammed into the bridge and I concentrated a steady blast of flame.

"What are you doing? You will never be free!" More tears streamed down my face as I screamed and increased the heat. Bam! An ear-shattering blast wave. Falling. Screaming. Grasping for Loki. Grabbing Thor's cape instead. I choked back a sob as I looked down at Loki and Thor. Wait, who caught me?

"I could have done it Father!" I guess that answers that. "For you... for all of us."

"No Loki. No."

"Loki please don't..." Thor and I screamed in unison as Loki fell into the abyss. No. He can not be gone. I shall not allow him.