Let's get to work

Kari leaned over Thor's shoulder to glance at the footage of the oh so famous Jane Foster.

"As soon as Loki took the doctor, we moved her. We've got an excellent observatory in Traunsee. She was asked to consult there yesterday. Handsome fee, private plane, very remote. She'll be safe." Kari glaced at the blonde Asgardian, a tired smirk plastered onto her face.

"Ok, after this fiasco is over, I definitely want to meet her Sparky." Her voice held a teasing undertone as she wagged a single, stern finger once.

"It shall have to wait. Thank you for protecting her. It was no mistake that Loki took Erik. He is a good man." Thor turned his attention to his new friend, the son of Coal. 

"Erik talks about you a lot. You changed his life and everything around here."

"You were better as you were. On Asgard, we brag of being more advanced, but we come here battling like Bilchsteim." Kari nodded slightly, her red curls bouncing against her dark skin. 

"Like wHaT?" Kari and Thor shared a look at their new friend's confusion.

"You know, big, scaly, huge antlers?" Thor tried and Kari offered her right hand, palm facing upwards. 

"They look sort of like this." With a flash of gold from her eyes, a creature created from flames started to prance around on her hand. It weaved through her fingers before returning to her palm proudly.

 It weaved through her fingers before returning to her palm proudly

"They may be...quite exotic looking, but they love destruction." Kari continued, her voice soft and barely above a whisper. Her golden eyes left the flames as they died off, a smirk once again gracing her features.

Phil's blue eyes shown with wonder as he shook his head. "Don't think so."

Thor moved towards the window, arms crossed. His blue eyes scanned the horizon carefully. "When I first came to earth, Loki's rage followed me here and your people paid the price. And now again. In my youth I courted war."

"A war hasn't started yet. You think you can convince Loki to tell us where the Tesseract  is?" The Valkyrie and the prince shared a look.

"I do not know. The mind stone has a firm grasp upon my brother. It is not just power he craves, it is vengeance. There is no pain that would prize his need from him."

"I might be able to. Loki thinks he has me wrapped around his finger. He has already tried to convince me to join him. Or someone he thinks is me anyhow."

"I do not know what you mean. By all means, explain." The director's voice empathized the do not, which had come out louder.

"It is not my area of expertise, but I could cast a simple illusion to make someone look like me. The person would have to be a great actor, for Loki is very talented at telling when people are lying."

"I think I have just the woman in mind. But that leaves one question: Are you going to question lover boy too?"

"Yes. I owe him that." 

"Alright, let's get to work ladies."