A walk around Asgard

Kari's p.o.v~

"Wake up, my love. We have a busy day ahead." Loki's voice was soft and joyous, so I decided that I could forgive him waking me. I slipped out from underneath my blankets, giving him a soft smile.

"Good morning. Forgive me, my prince, but should you not be on the throne instead of spending time with me? If Asgard is truly on the brink of war, it needs you." I stand and approach him, to which he gives me a sly smile.

"Well, I don't see why I can not do both. Here, put this dress on. I think it shall suit you just perfectly." Loki's charming smile seemed to be infectious.

"Thank you. But may I ask: What are we doing today?"

"You'll see. Now dress yourself, and I shall see to it that you dine with me." Before I could say anything else, he pecked my cheek and sauntered out of my room. I inspected the dress carefully. Loki does know what he is doing.

The dress was quite simple, just the way I like them. It was somewhere between wine red and cherry red. It stopped just above my ankles, which I was also grateful for. I do not know if I could have been able to handle a dress that drags on the floor. The neckline would undoubtedly reveal the necklace Loki got me, as if he wanted the whole kingdom to know that we are courting. That sly fox.

Three simple knocks came from the other side of the door. The maid from yesterday. I opened the door to let her in.

"The King has sent me to help you prepare for the day." I nodded. "I shall draw you a bath. Breakfast shall commence in an hours time."

"Wait, I don't believe I caught your name."

"Oh, how rude of me. I am Sigyn."

"Well Sigyn, it has been my pleasure to meet you."

After I had bathed, I joined Frigga and Loki in the dining hall. The table seems much bigger than it is in reality when it is empty.

"So I hear that Loki and you have begun courting," Frigga smoothly states before taking a sip of her drink. Just like old times, Frigga knows everything.

"Yes, Mother, That is true. I was wondering if one of my illusions may show Kari around Asgard today. Kari has been imprisoned for so long that I fear she may have forgotten her way." Loki's hand grasped mine and Frigga smiled.

"Of course dear, but don't let it distract you from your job as king."

"I wouldn't dream of distracting him. Not in such a time of need." I smile softly at her and she nods.

"I know dear. Now how has your freedom been treating you?"

"Just fine. And dare I say it...the beds are far more comfortable."

Time skip brought by Stan Lee:

At this point in the day, Loki and I had walked throughout what feels like all of Asgard. We had viewed the palace and the royal gardens. We had visited the shops and the stables, where I was formally introduced to Sleipnir.

He was absolutely beautiful, and his appearance mirrored Loki's. A shiny black mane. Intelligence lay within his eyes. I could not believe Odin would be cruel enough to ride his own grandchildren like he is nothing more than another horse. Admittedly, I had cried and tried to hug him only for him to remind me how he isn't really here.

We were on our way back to the palace when Loki frowned, seeming troubled. Something was definitely distracting him.

"Little one, are you alright?"

"Hmm? Oh yes. It's just Thor's friends. I fear they do not respect me." I couldn't help but gawk at the simple notion.

"But you are their king, are you not? Like it or not, they should be obliged to respect you."

"I'm afraid it doesn't work that way Scorch."

"I respect you. And I believe you have the respect of the people. That is all you need." Loki glanced at me with what I might even dare to call admiration.

"You are wise beyond your years Kari. I hope you are correct."