kisses and a gift

Third-person:
Kari's eyes flickered to the door as Loki entered the room. Gently, she set down her book and stood.

"You look tired, little one."

Loki let out a chuckle as he approached her. "I assure you, it is nothing. It is nice to know you worry for my well-being."

"It is my pleasure, my prince." Instinctively, Kari brought her right hand to her chest and bowed slightly.

"Your prince?" Loki's tone was teasing but was laced with something Kari couldn't quite name.

"Oh yes. I may have forgotten to mention that I have claimed you." Kari's voice sounded confident, but deep inside she was anything but.

"Oh, well, in that case, I suppose it's appropriate to give you this as a courting gift." Kari's breath hitched slightly as a chain gracefully fell from its hidden position in Loki's hand. Attached to the chain was a single snake pendant that glinted cheerfully in the light of the room.

 Attached to the chain was a single snake pendant that glinted cheerfully in the light of the room

"Loki I don't know what to say."

"My, my. It is a rare sight to have a Valkyrie be at a loss of words. It's alright my dear, you don't have to say anything at all. Here, let me." Kari's breathing had seemed to stop entirely as he gently moved her hair to place the necklace on. A shiver ran down her spine as his fingers brushed her neck momentarily.

"Yes," Kari finally responds quietly before softly placing her lips on Loki's, and wrapping her arms around his neck. The kiss was delicate and sweet but still held the same spark as their first. "Yes, I shall court you. Nothing would make me happier."

"I'm glad. I must bid you goodnight, my love." Loki swooped in to steal one last kiss before departing, leaving behind a curious but tired Valkyrie.