The Hulk

The Valkyrie and ex-assassin quickly walked side by side, both with a mission of their own devising

The Valkyrie and ex-assassin quickly walked side by side, both with a mission of their own devising. Zero words were exchanged as they stalked towards where most of their future team was hanging out.

The scientist angrily gestured to the ex-assassin. "Did you know about this?"

"Don't you think you should remove yourself from the environment, Doctor?" Natasha's eyes cautiously eyed the scientist.

"I was in Calcutta. I was pretty well removed, don't you think?"

"Loki plans to manipulate you."

"And you've been doing what exactly?" Kari watched as the midgardians bickered like mere children. Earth's last defense. Here it is. Caving in on itself before it could even start. Anger flowed through her veins, stored away like a nuclear bomb. One wrong move and it would all go up in flames. Fortunately for midgard, by now she had come to control the powers she called a curse. 

Centuries she spent angry at the All-Father. At herself. It burned silently through her veins like a spark waiting to be set aflame. 

"Everyone, QUIET!" Silence fell over the room at her command. "Loki will not need to lift a finger if you continue to bicker. Banner, please set the scepter down. We need to discuss this in a civilized manner." Unfortunately, the peace did not last long.

The explosion shook the helicarrier thoroughly, throwing the so called 'Avengers' every which way. Three fell to floor below, full of equipment. Kari's armor klanged as it hit the ground.

Kari looked up. Her eyes landed on Natasha then moved to Bruce. Ok. She did not know much of this so called "Hulk." She knew that he was feared and dangerous. That maybe he was stronger than Thor. And that was all shed needed to know. She carefully lifted he pipe off of the other red head's leg. Natasha was trying to reassure Bruce. But it didn't matter. He was changing to fast. he was too angry.

She ushered the ex-assassin up the stairs and jumped to the next level. Both barely avoided the angry roar and the waving hands. The two woman seemed in sink as they swung and snuck around quietly. The ex-assassin pulled out her handgun. Bang! One gunshot. One single distraction.

Both woman ran down the glass hallway, the Hulk close on their heels. Kari took in a deep breath as her right hand started to be engulfed by flames. Wait for it. Wait For it. Now! She swiftly turned around, hitting the green man straight in the face, full force. His body went stumbling backwards with an another roar. 

As she turned to run, the Hulk backhanded her, sending her into a wall. Natasha silently rushes over to her. It doesn't matter how calm they looked. Fear was evident in both of their eyes. Fortunately for them, they were saved by the bell. Or in this case a metal clad god.

Using each other as a crutch, the Black Widow and the Valkyrie slipped away, unseen, and unheard. They sat in the dark, attending to their wounds while huddled close together. 

"It's Barton. He took out our systems. He's headed for the detention level. Does anybody copy?" The voice of the director cut through their shaky breaths with ease.

"This is Agent Romanoff. I copy." Kari stands up as well.

"Can you handle it? I should go make sure Thor has not accidently released his brother." 

"Consider it handled."