Treason

Kari Godefrey had most certainly seen better days. Her red hair fell around her shoulders, frizzy and unbrushed. Judging from her gaunt face revealed the fact that she had neither eaten nore slept since the fall of her Queen. And now she was planning treason with Thor and the warrior three [not that she was complaining, of course].

"There is one that would know the way." All the heads in the room turned to where she was leaned against the wall, arms crossed.

Thor's friend, Fandral, was quick to object. Kari rolled her eyes slightly. He reminded her of the red headed boy in Harry Potter [Ron, was it?]. She didn't know whether or not to curse Tony for that.

Fandral's objections were ignored. Thor approached Loki, while Kari lingered behind him.

"Thor, after all this time and now you come to visit me. Why? Have you come to gloat? To mock?" Loki's words were bitter and Kari winced slightly.

"Drop the illusion Loki." The illusion nodded at Kari's words before it vanished. Guilt pulsed through her body. His pain is my fault.

"Now you see me." His bitter tone vanished slightly. "Did she suffer?"

Before Kari could answer, Thor intervened. "I did not come here to share our grief. Instead I offer you the chance of a far richer sacrament."

Loki's eyes hardened. "Go on."

"I know you seek vengeance as much as I do. You help me escape Asgard and I will grant it to you, vengeance. And afterward, this cell."

Loki let out a cruel chuckle.

"You must be truly desperate to come to me. What makes you think I can be trusted?"

Thor hesitated. "I don't. Kari does, and I know our Mother thought the same. I do not know how deeply you have been infected by the mind stone."

Loki's green eyes flickered to Kari, whose head was bowed as she avoided eye contact. he turned his gaze back to Thor with a deep chuckle. "When do we start?"