No don't hit it, press it gently

Kari silently walked behind Loki and Thor. If they continued to banter, they would never make it out.

Loki, on the other hand, had a very separate goal to Thor's. While Kari had always been on the quiet side, usually she would smile softly and speak up every now and then. Now, her face was blank, devoid of emotion. Her eyes only showed her regret. Thor was, as always, oblivious to Loki's schemes. 

Jokingly, he turned to Kari. "Aren't you going to threaten me as well, my love?"

She blinked. "I'm too lazy to wait in line to kill you, so why even bother trying?"

His grin widened at her response before he focused on a confused looking Thor. "I thought you said you knew how to fly this thing?"

Thor let out a huff as he continued to push random buttons. "I said 'how hard could it be?'."

Kari moved closer to the exit. "Whatever you're doing...I suggest doing it..." she paused to kick a guard in the chest. "Faster!"

"Shut up Kari!"

Loki scowled. "She's only trying to help. There must have been something you missed."

Thor started to hit the buttons harder. "No, I didn't, I've pressed every button on this thing!"

Kari turned. "No don't hit it..."

"Press it gently," Loki continued.

"I am pressing it gently!" He slammed his fist several more times and the ship lite up. 

  Thor smirked as he started to steer, which only ended up with him knocking down more columns.

Loki raised an eyebrow. "I think you missed a few."

Thor hissed another 'shut up' through gritted teeth.  Kari shifted closer to the center, grabbing onto Loki's arm as the ship tilted slightly. Smirking slightly, he wrapped one arm around her waist, pulling her closer to him.

"You should let Loki take over before you crash this thing. He's clearly the better pilot."

Thor scowled. "Which one of us can actually fly?"

Her grip on Loki's coat tightened. "Not you, apparently." 

Jane took that as her cue to collapse. Loki raised an eyebrow. "Oh dear, is she dead?" Kari's eyes flickered to the girl. Then to the building Thor destroyed. 

"Not. A. Word."

Loki glanced behind them. "Now they're following us." Pulling Kari closer, he yelled again. "Now they're firing at us!"

Kari's eyes widened. "Thor!" She was to late. The statue was beheaded. 

"Well done, you just decapitated your grandfather! You know this is wonderful. This is a tremendous idea. Let's steal the biggest, most obvious ship in the universe and escape in that. Flying around the city, smashing into everything in sight so everyone can see us. It's brilliant, Thor! It's truly brilliant!" Loki ranted, only to be thrown out of the ship by Thor. Kari gasped and followed him.

Her golden eyes examined him as she helped him up. Loki kissed her forehead. "I'm fine, love."

A ghost of a smile worked its way onto her face. "I never said you weren't."

Loki's green eyes lingered on her for a moment before shifting to Thor as he landed. "You lied to me. I'm almost impressed."