The death of a friend

a/n: Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I just started my Junior year of highschool.

Kari's breathe hitched as she bends down by Agent Coulson. Her hands start to apply pressure to the room as she chokes back a sob. For the first time she has seen in person what Loki would be willing to do.

She tenses as soft, familiar footsteps sounded from behind her. She remains frozen, hands putting pressure on the wound as Loki kneels down behind her. His mouth was inches away from her ear as he whispers "I'm sorry darling, he's as good as gone. Now, come. It is time to leave."

His hands move to her shoulders when Kari's body jerks unexpectedly, elbowing him in the ribs. Loki let out a 'umph' as his back hit the ground. In seconds, Kari has one of Loki's (a/n: butter) knives barley hovering in a horizontal line over his adam's apple as her right knee pinned his chest to the ground. Her left leg had ended up under his right, preventing movement.

"Could you do it?" Loki's voice was dangerously low, almost hiding the hurt in his eyes. "Could you slit my throat for this hump of rock? For your precious human friends. What's stopping you, hmmm? Don't tell me it's love."  The final statement broke the trance Kari seemed to be in.

"Yes, love. Something you do not appear capable of." Slowly she got off of him, ignoring his sneer of what looked like a mixture of disgust and hurt.

"You're weak and pathetic. And clearly you do not love me enough to wear the necklace I got you."

"Maybe, but I get the job done. And of course I'm not wearing jewelry in a situation that could possibly lead to it getting broken." Loki's flashed his normal river green.

"You're...you're going to lose you know." Both asgardians glanced at the dying man. Loki stood up and approached him, the green in his eyes replaced with a heartless blue.

"Am I?"

"It's in your nature." Now Kari stood, her eyes flickering between Loki and the Agent. What was he doing?

"Your heroes are scattered, your floating fortress is falling, tell me, where do I fail?"

"You lack conviction." Before Loki could continue, he was blasted backwards through the wall. Kari ran to the hole, her eyes searching for the dark haired man. Upon not seeing him, she collapsed to the floor as the medics rushed into the room.