To little, To late

Kari muttered a curse underneath her breath as the prison alarm goes off

Kari muttered a curse underneath her breath as the prison alarm goes off. She had never been glader that she was not required to wear dresses due to her military status.

Just like always, she wore a black bodysuit constructed of lightweight kevlar, which was a heat resistant material consisting of carefully woven strong synthetic fibers. It was the same material often used by midgardians in bullet proof vests. On top of her body suit, she wore more traditional armor made of leather.

The boots she wore looked like an exact replica of Wonder Woman's. Asgardian gold heels with a splash of red that reached her knees.

Her golden heels made loud clicking sounds as she ran down the stairs to the dungeon, leaping two stairs at a time

Her golden heels made loud clicking sounds as she ran down the stairs to the dungeon, leaping two stairs at a time. Her french braid promptly hit her back every time she landed. She reached the bottom in no time, kicking the nearest prisoner in the chest. He went flying back as she jumped off the stairs, sword in hand.

With one swing from her sword, the prisoner was out cold the second the blunt side of her blade connected with his face. Exasperatedly, she turned to Loki, who had glanced up from his book to watch the scene. "I can't leave you alone for one minute, can I?"

Not waiting for an answer, she moved on to the next prisoner. Swing, dodge, swing again, this time backhand, the next forehand. Another prisoner contained.

Loki shot her a mischievous smile. "Of course not love, you know me."

"Ah of course."

An out of breath guard ran towards Kari. "Commander, the All Father requested that you protect the queen!"

Kari nodded firmly and rushed back up the stairs. Kari let out a grief filled yell as she watched the sword plunge through the Queen. A wave of fire connects with Malekith's face at the same time with a bolt of lightning. Thor started to chase Malekith while Kari rushed to her Queen's side.

"Medic! We need a medic!" Kari's voice cracked as she started to apply pressure to the wound. She let out a sob. It was to little, to late.