I understood that reference

Kari watched in  slight amusement as Tony covered one eye and asked about the director. His antics reminded her of a much younger Loki. Back before he knew of the lies and deceit. Before he became bitter towards the world around him.

"When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?" The agent, who Kari had learned was called Maria, asked. 

"Um...last night. The packet. Am I the only one here who did the reading?" Kari shook her head slightly.

"I may be a stranger to the ways of midgard as of late, but I do believe I understood some of it. Loki would need to heat the tesseract to an unbelievably hot temperature. Which I am guessing is why he needed me." Kari's eyes seemed to glow a brighter gold as flames started to lick her fingers. 

"I'm sorry." Kari nodded at Natasha, who she was beginning to grow excedenly found of.

"I shall be fine once Loki no longer stands a threat to your world." The flames on her hands died down. "Plus, I believe the doctor has found a cooling agent to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect. And, if that is the case, Loki doesn't need me anymore to further along his plans." Her jaw clenched slightly as she emphasized the word 'need'.

"Well, if he could stabilize it, he could achieve heavy ron fusion at any reactor on the planet," Doctor Banner realized and Kari winced. She may not know a great amount about Midgard nowadays, but from the way it's changed, she guessed their are a lot  more than the last time she visited.

"Finally people who speak english!" 

Steve looked around in confusion as the billionaire approached the Valkyrie and the doctor with an outstretched hand. "Is that what just happened?" 

"Wow, Starfire, that's quite a brain you got sitting on those shoulders. That Loki guy is dumb for using you like that. And it's good to meet you, Doctor Banner.You're work on anti-electron collisions is unparalleled. And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster." Both the valkyrie and the doctor gave the man a new found look of respect and muttered 'Thanks.' What else was their to say?

"Dr.Banner is only here to track the cube. I was hoping that you could join him." All heads in the room turned to the one eyed director. 

"Let's start with that staff of his. It may be magical, but it works an awful lot like a HYDRA weapon."

"I am sorry, but I do not follow. What is HYDRA? The ones I am familiar with do not require weapons." Kari spoke up and the director answered.

"HYDRA was a secret organization during World War Two. Very powerful. Very dangerous. And I don't know about that, but it is powered by the cube. I'd like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys."

"Monkey's? I-I do not understand." The valkyrie nodded at the prince's comment.

"I do! I understood that reference." The billionaire rolled his eyes at the Captain.

And with that, the billionaire and the doctor disappeared to play with their toys.