Courting

Loki's face was solemn as we finished our story. Now he knows...about everything. This is the one story I had always refused to tell, no matter how much he begged. My golden orbs focused on our hands, which were intertwined. I offer him a soft smile as he squeezed my hand.

"I must inform Thor of the status of Asgard. I shall escort you to your chambers, Kari." I nodded softly and bid Frigga farewell before letting Loki lead me. We walked side by side, hands still clasped, in utmost silence.

Once we were both behind my doors, Loki spoke. His words were soft and simple. "I apologize for all you have suffered."

My brain seemed to want to ignore how close our faces were. "Thank you, but nothing could have prevented the inevitable." Loki hummed slightly in agreement. I do not remember clearly who was the first to lean. But I do remember the sensation. The coolness of his lips. The heat and tingly feeling spread through my chest and across my face. The feeling that, even though our social classes were vastly different, this was right.

As we separated, my eyes stared up into his green ones. They truly were beautiful. Loki stepped back, breaking the trance he had put me in. It seemed to have made Loki self-aware also,  because he stepped backward and his face flushed.

"Hmm... I suppose you are right. No one can avoid the inevitable." The second Loki uttered that line, I could tell he regretted it. "Sorry. That was..."

"Smooth Odinson. Really smooth, and terribly cliche. Why, I just might have to never talk to you again," I declare in a teasing tone.

"As acting All-Father, I demand that you talk to me." I roll my eyes at this statement.

"You really enjoy milking that title, aren't you, little one?"

"Why, yes, yes I am. Now if you excuse me, I must inform Thor of the state of Asgard. We shall talk about the subject of courting later." Courting? Loki wishes to court me? Me? I flash him a smile as he struts away.