Are you lost?

As the years dragged on, the young Valkyrie became but a rumor. A simple rumor of a fire giant that had slaughtered the young Kari Godefrey and took her place in an attempt to kill the All-Father. All that was left of the truth was buried away, swept underneath a rug as Midgardians would say.

Frigga had been kind enough to provide Kari with anything she wished. Anything but her freedom. It was the least she could do...after all, Kari had helped raise her eldest son. Often once she was done with her training for the day, Kari would visit the young prince of Asgard. This has been something the young girl had been doing since the birth of Thor, even though she had been a mere child by Asgardian standards. Why she was practically family.

So much for family, Kari bitterly thought to herself. Then again, my biological family didn't want me, so why should they?

Most of Kari's days in the cell she now was supposed to call home were spent reading, eating, or trying to use her newfound powers to escape. That is, till one certain prince wondered upon her.

"Thor?" The voice of a young boy echoed through the empty jail. Kari looked up from her book, her interest piqued.

"Thor, this isn't funny!" Her brow scrunched in confusion as the guards made no moves to help the boy, who was very obviously lost and scared. She could see him now. He had pale skin with shiny black hair and green eyes. The boy was no doughtily Loki. My, how he'd grown. The guards continued to ignore the prince and Kari decided to take pity on the boy.

Standing up, Kari walked towards her cell wall. Or was it a window? She couldn't tell the difference anymore. Kneeling, Kari offered the boy a warm smile.

"Hello, you're Loki, aren't you? My name is Kari. Are you lost?" Her voice was soft and a little bit raspy from lack of use. Her eyes, which had remained golden since her discovery of her powers, looked back into his green suspicious ones.

"How do you know my name?" Now, this is the proper response to some random person calling your name. Take notes.

"How could I not know your name? You're the prince." Kari raised an eyebrow at this statement and Loki took an uneasy step forwards towards the stranger.

"Because no one ever recognizes me. It's always about Thor." Kari frowned at this statement. She knew better than anyone the pain of being alone.

"Why is that? I don't know if you've noticed, but I don't exactly get news down here," Loki let out a small laugh before explaining.

"Thor's the strong one. I'm not good with weapons." Kari thought to herself momentarily as she thinks to herself about the boy's dilemma.

"What if I told you that you don't need weapons to be strong."

"I'm listening ."