Formation of the Revengers

Loki wrung his hands nervously as they got closer to the Hulk's chambers. Kari glanced at him and slipped her hand into his. "Darling, you don't have to come along if you don't want to."

"And leave you alone with that monster?" Loki spat out as he squeezed her hand. "Unlikely."

She quirked an eyebrow. "Natasha and I both made a point to get closer to the big guy after the helicarrier incident. He hasn't swung at me in a long time."

"You haven't seen him in a long time," countered the god of Mischief. He sighed and after a second Loki's form shifted. His jaw rounded itself and his body started to gain curves as it grew slimmer. In a shimmer of green, Loki's clothing changed into a simple emerald green sheath dress.

Loki smiled at her wife. "I'm not leaving your side."

Kari's eyes filled with adoration as they reached the Hulk's room. "Have I ever mentioned that I love it when you do that?"

"You might have once or twice."

They barely made it past the front door when a giant battle-ax got flung into the wall. Loki stiffened again, but that didn't stop her from smiling. "Oh brother, stop being so overdramatic."

"HE NEARLY KILLED ME," Thor roared in response.

"Only nearly?"

At the sound of Kari's voice, the Hulk's face seemed to light up. "Fire Lady!"

He started to charge excitedly at the redhead only for Loki to intervene. "Perhaps later. Kari is with child. Bone crushing hugs can't be good for the child."

The Hulk let out a huff a Kari sympathetically rubbed his arm. "Later, okay big guy?"

A look of understanding crosses Thor's face. Loki was nearly always untrustworthy except when it came to one person: her. The blond remembered teasing his brother, or on special occasions, like today, sister, about his crush on the Valkyrie. He had thought the infatuation would fade as he grew, but it only ever seemed to grow.

Loki had, of course, had other lovers over the years. But if there was one thing the God of Mischief was good at, it was waiting for the perfect moment.

"Congratulations sister." The god of Thunder turned to their green friend. "Hulk, I need you to do something for us."

The three Asgardians watched in silence as Brunnhilde started play-bantering with the Hulk, and Kari felt a twinge of guilt flash through her gut. They may be strangers to each other now, but the older woman had once been her sister in arms. Perhaps this was why she left exploitation to Loki.

"Are you guys seriously so thick-headed that you can't tell that when someone's hiding all the across the universe that means that they want to be left alone?"

The redhead stepped forwards slightly. "If you want to stay here, you can. We need help getting off this planet and you've been here longer than most, I'd reckon. If anyone knows the ins and outs of this place, it would be you."

Kari could feel Loki's adoring gaze behind her, but she kept her golden eyes on her long-lost 'sister'. The other ex-Valkyrie groaned in response before pointing to her. "Fine, but only because of our shared history."

Loki opened her mouth to say something, but Brunhilde cut her off. "Don't think this makes friends, princess. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n: Sorry I haven't updated in forever. I've been preparing for finals and mentally preparing myself for college. On an unrelated note, I started a new fanfic [Yes, I know I'm an impulsive mess].

It's called Murder Family Values. It's a Hannibal fanfic that could be considered a prequel to my book Renegade: Robin's sister, but it can also be read as a 'stand alone'. It will have a little bit of female oc x Abigail Hobbs, but it will mostly be a Hannigram fanfic from the perspective of one of Will's wayward orphans.

Here is the cover [ that I drew myself]: