I'm home

(A/n: I decided to skip over Age of Ultron. I just haven't really been all that motivated for this movie and besides, this is a Loki x oc. He isn't in that movie.)

Kari let a small smile crossed her face as she finally found herself on Asgardian soil. She didn't recognize the person who had let her through, but in all honesty, she couldn't find it in herself to care. All she could focus on was him. His voice. His kind words and loving smile that seemed to reserved just for her. His hair.

She tightened her grips on the reins. I'm home. The Valkyrie wanted to forget about Ultron and Sokovia and the death and destruction.

Kari raised an eyebrow as she reached the base of a gigantic statue of her husband. Shaking her head slightly, she slowed the horse to a trot and made her way towards the stables.

Her necklace seemed to be acting as a beacon, leading her towards Loki. The closer she got, the more it seemed to thrum. It seemed louder now, and she could feel the warm vibrations against her chest.

She didn't bother knocking as she entered his chambers. He was already there, still donning his illusion of Odin until the door was fully shut.

Kari knelt before him, only half joking as she said, "I apologize for the wait, all father."

Loki raised an eyebrow as he stood and approached her. She was still encased in her armor and her red, curly hair had fallen into her face to shield her golden eyes and far darker skin.

"Are you, my love?"

She raised her head to meet his gaze at his teasing question. "Substantially, I'm afraid."

Kari pushed off the ground to meet him halfway and settled her hands on his chest. "Perhaps I can make up for it."

His green eyes dialated at the suggestion. "Latter, my dear. You just came from battle. I should draw you a bath."

"As you wish."