Chapter Eighteen | Threat

~George's P.O.V~

Together again at last. I didn't know how much I would miss him until he was gone.

"Clay, please... Never leave me again." I looked up at him, tears filling in my waterline.

"I won't... Or I'll try not to." He smiled slightly, ignoring the other Alpha that he was just yelling at for me.

He let out a growl back at the other Alpha before letting him leave. He grabbed my by the scruff, taking me back to my nest. He picks me up by my scruff a lot.

After placing me inside, he went over to my former nest and started tidying it up. The Alpha let out a tired sigh; he sounded exhausted. The Alpha laid down by my side, snuggling to me closely.

Finally, the best sleep I've had in a while.

....

When I woke up the Alpha was gone.

Again?

His chocolatey scent was stale, replaced by another. I slowly got up, going on a hunt for Clay.

When I walked into the kitchen I was face to face with his father.

Shit.

My eyes quickly darted to the limp body of my Alpha on the ground. I was frozen in fear. My heart stopped.

Just like that... I thought miserably, wondering if Clay was really dead or simply passed out.

The older approached me, causing me to back away and eventually backing me into a inescapable corner.

"You listen to me Omega, and listen close. If I tell you to do something, you listen to me. No questions."

I lowered my ears, wanting to disappear into the floor. If only I was there, I could have stopped him.

My Alpha... he's gone, it's just me now.

Maybe? Just maybe this is all just a dream...

It has to be, right? Right? Wake up... Wake up, wake up, wake-

....

My eyes shot open in fear. I jumped out of the nest quickly, my eyes scanning the nest for my Alpha. He watched me closely, not understanding what had startled me.

"George?"

I ran to the Alpha, tears welling in my eyes. He didn't complain, he snuggled me.

"Are you okay?" Clay nuzzled me.

"Bad dream... That's all." I was finally able to let go of him, much to my dismay. I didn't want to be too clingy.

Suddenly, we heard the door burst open. Clay popped up out of the nest and positioned himself into attack position, prepared for anyone who might threaten us.

To my horror, his father entered the room, a menacing sneer written on his visage.

I backed behind the safety of my alpha, my heart racing.