Chapter Thirty-One | Wild

~George's P.O.V~

(George: Wolf Form)
(Dream: Human Form)

I tried to bite at my alpha as he tightened the muzzle. I snarled loudly. Once it was on, Dream backed up, allowing me to attempt to shake the muzzle off, which didn't work.

Every time Delilah did something I didn't like, I would attempt to bite her, which obviously didn't work.

I panted loudly, tired from my thrashing. When she stepped back, I tucked my tail tightly between my legs.

She moved out of the way, allowing me to jump off the bed. I quickly ducked under, going as far back as possible. I laid my muzzle on the ground, letting out a annoyed huff. 

The muzzle made me slightly more uncomfortable then I already was, not helping I was already terrified. I didn't move. I didn't speak. I didn't sleep. I just laid there, half asleep, listening close for any potential threats.

I must have fallen asleep eventually because I woke up, glancing around. It was silent in the room and the lights were off. I let out a huff of relief. I was able to sleep.

I couldn't tell if it was day or night because they never turned on the lights. "George?" I heard my alpha. My heart skipped a beat. Half of me wanted to come out to the safety of my alpha, the other half, however, told me to back up, which I did. I didn't feel safe...

I stepped back a step before laying back down. I heard an irritated sigh. "Dream, you have to be patient. He's been through a lot." Delilah spoke, trying to calm the alpha. Her voice was sugar coated.

"He won't even smell like me anymore!" He cried, annoyed. "I know, he will come out when he's ready, give it time." She spoke, her voice now having a twinge of annoyance.

Dream groaned, stomping his feet which made me startled, backing further under the bed, flinching as I felt the wall.

I heard the door open and close. I knew he was gone. I let out a sigh, "George? Do you need a drink? Maybe some water?" Delilah spoke in a hushed tone.

When I didn't respond, she decided to take the choice upon herself. She pushed a small bowl towards me. I watched it closely, trying to sooth the paranoia ringing through my head.

As soon as I heard the door close, I crawled towards the bowl. Luckily, my muzzle was set up so I could still drink.

I lapped up the ice cold water, making sure to dampen every part if my surprisingly dry mouth.

As soon as the door opened again, I scrambled back into the darkness of under the bed. "Oh, George," Delilah sighed. I crept farther from her.

This routine went on for several days. I wasn't really bothered till I was face to face with an issue. "George, you need to eat. I'll stay back, I promise." I hadn't really been out from the safety of under the bed to be able to trust my surroundings.

Water is one thing, but I can't eat in this thing! "George, please... Just let me take it off at least?" I growled, slightly disagreeing.

I did want it off... I shuffled slowly closer, still distrusting her. "A little closer George," She hushed. When I was close enough, she undid the strap, releasing the muzzle from around my head.