Chapter 1: Westward Crater

Lungmen

Y/n: How old are you again?

Nian: A little under a million, give or take.

Y/n hummed in acknowledgement, he found this Nian woman interesting. She was just like him, an enigma, an entity or phenomenon that is quite difficult to understand. But unlike him, who hid a lot of kept secrets, she was more open to discussion, willing to share some sensitive information about her siblings to a complete stranger who she had just met ten minutes ago.

Nian: Hm. Why not tell me something about yourself? As a thanks for paying for the food.

Y/n: Huh? But we just started eating-

"Your change, Ma'am."

Nian: Ah, thank you very much.

His expression dropped when the waiter handed her some blue-colored bills, a smug smirk coming from Nian contrasted with Y/n's disappointed frown. He was disappointed at himself, disappointed at himself for not predicting this earlier.

Nian was, as I just mentioned, an enigma, a powerful woman of mystery that was too relaxed for her own sake. But that reposed form of hers was like a mere mask to hide the mischievous side of her.

Y/n sighed, he didn't desire to fight any of the locals here, especially with Grandma Scaly here.

Y/n: Guess I don't have a choice huh?

Nian nodded happily, a victorious smile gracing her old but young-looking features.

Y/n: What do you want to know?

Nian: Why are you here?

Y/n: Finding someone, six to be more specific.

Nian: Hmm?

Y/n: It's a... personal issue.

Nian regarded his solemn look, he was still gently smiling as he poked the food with his chopsticks, but the look in his eyes betrayed his expression.

Nian: I won't ask any further then.

Y/n: Thanks... it's been tiring this past few days...

Those seven days of chasing Pride made him rethink a few things.

Seven generals, all scattered across multiple dimensions. One down, two escaped, and four left to be found. It honestly exhausted him. Y/n knew he could just quit, leave it all behind, leave it as it is as he went back to his home, where he could spend the rest of his life peacefully, the memory of the seven would eventually diminish from his mind.

But he won't, not when one of the creatures that plagued him and his friend for so long was here.

"Everything is connected to me. I am the heart."

"There are millions of me here... and one of you."

Pride: What am I?... Nobody, I'm nobody.

"I'm lovin' it"

"I'm still alive... until the end of eternity."

"ORE WA!!!"

"See you later, laddie! Arg arg arg arg arg!"

Y/n: Oh god all of them are really annoying to some extent...

Nian: Hey, HEY! You blanked out for a bit there.

Y/n: So-Sorry, can I... get something to drink?

Nian: Order whatever you want, you look like you need it.

Surprised by her sudden kindness, Y/n meekly nodded, unable to form a response that wasn't a simple "thank you", he said it anyway, nodding and informing her that he will pay her back one day, to which she smirked, assuring Y/n she already had something in mind.