Chapter 3: My Only Child

In a seven-story building, outside of a certain room on the fourth floor, a window was opened. Y/n, disguised as Sathariel, stepped out of the wooden frame and jumped, landing on a swaying rope bridge that was suspended between two windows situated across each other. His hands gripped the sides, careful not to look down as he walked across the aged planks.

What was he doing you may ask? He was trying to get to Mostima's room.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n: You're my roommate?

Phoenix: Yes. Now get in before I leave you outside.

Y/n: Yes, ma'am!

He hurriedly got on blindly clawing the air for a light switch to illuminate the dark room as he heard the click of a door. Then there was another click, before the room was lit up by small lights hung up by a piece of black string.

It was a small room, the living area and the kitchen all in one space. Three doors were visible, one was definitely the bathroom, while the other two was the bedrooms. There was this faint scent of sweet vanilla wafting around him, making Y/n feel a bit more relaxed of the current situation he was in.

Phoenix: Those were your idea by the way. The Christmas lights.

Y/n: Really? Me?

Phoenix: On our first week here, you proposed on how we could cut some costs. Water was free due to the river nearby, rent was also free because we volunteered to join the military. So electricity was the next option. You suggested we use Christmas lights instead since they were cheap and lasts considerably long, and after some calculations we bought two years' supply of them. Now we are here, saved up almost a million LMD all thanks to you.

It was at that point where he could spot a faint smile on her face. Honestly it looked cute, like a hidden gem found underneath piles and piles useless garbage. Y/n could not help but smile himself.

*poke* *scratch*

They were disturbed by a soft scratching on the window. Phoenix dismissed her smile and pulled the curtains to the side, opening the glass window to reveal a wicker basket, she opened the basket to fish out a piece of unfolded paper with writing inside.

Phoenix:...

Y/n:...

Phoenix:...

Y/n:...

Phoenix:...

Y/n:...*cough*.

Phoenix: Let's go.

Y/n: O-Oh. Where?

Phoenix: Mostima's place. Here, go through the window.

Y/n:...What?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now here we are, Y/n wasn't afraid of heights, walking across the bridge was the problem, it was so old and rickety that it could fall at any moment.

Y/n: Calm down Y/n, you are not afraid of heights. You. Are. Not. You've done things way worse than this, like put milk before the cereal, putting pineapple on pizza...

He was calm, eyes closed shut as he thought about all the ways he could both physically and mentally torture a person. One of his favourites was the Judas triangle, not because of its brutality but because of how it was one of the few methods that would make him somewhat sympathize with the victim.