Chapter 31: Azeth Andrei Irune

...The ground opened up to reveal the deepest pit of hell found on earth, with the Chernobog landship already a wheel-deep into the massive sinkhole. The whole city tilted, causing those standing to collapse to their feet, pieces of debris and vehicles were moving towards where the gravity was pulling them in.

"DOCTOR, WHY ISN'T ONE OF MY BABIES BREATHING!??!?"

"I'm sorry."

"Doctor? DOCTOR!!! PLEASE, HELP MY BABY, HELP AZETH!!"

"Mrs. Irune, I can't bring back the dead. Your baby couldn't get enough air due to complications in his breathing during birth."

He was birthed from Y/n's thoughts, a manifestation of his dead brother who died at birth turned imaginary friend. He could tell from the beginning that all of Y/n's memories involving him were false, a sick way of remembering a twin he hadn't met from the powers above.

There were times when he wanted to tell him the truth, but he couldn't, fearing for what would happen if he did. But now that he knew, Y/n was much more reckless, taking more risks than compared to when he was more calculating, almost like he wanted to die in a way.

Azeth didn't want that for him, he feared that when he's gone, Y/n would only hurt himself more, thinking he was the reason he was gone.

Azeth: This is my last stop, Y/n. Take care of yourself, please.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n: GAH...!

The Sankta woke up with a jolt, grasping and groping his face as if assuming he still wasn't in reality. Y/n grew confused about the lack of an arm but quickly remembered what had happened, cursing to himself at how he lost it.

Bandages covered all of his body from head to toe, everything ached like a crushing force exacted upon his body especially after moving so much. He had no choice to lay back on his bed for the pain to subside, looking around the room he was in as he did so.

It was as much as a hospital room as a plane crashing into the ground was a car. Only half of the room he was in was intact, but the charred wallpaper and broken windows didn't make it much better. The other half was half gone, revealing the interior of a building next to this one connected and intertwined with growing vines, along with a bigger view of the clear blue sky his broken wished he could give him. Lastly, it was all silent, Y/n had never felt more relaxed in such a long time.

But that was all cut short with someone in a filthy doctor's coat stepping into the room from outside.

Nikolai: Remember me? You look unrecognizable by the way.

Y/n stayed silent, making the room uncomfortably suffocating for the doctor.

Nikolai: Just trying to lighten up the mood, sorry.

Y/n: How bad is it?

Nikolai: What?

Y/n: These injuries, how bad are they?

Nikolai clicked his tongue, tensely pressing his lips together as he took out an old notebook from his pockets.

Nikolai: Second and third degree burns, most of your ribs are broken, some on both your legs and feet, then there's bruises and cuts on your torso, cheek, neck, arms, and legs. To top it all off, there's a lesion in your head that I was unable to treat, I really hate to say it, but expect to go blind in one or two eyes in a few months.

Y/n:...

Nikolai: It's best that you take it easy for a year, so we can observe how your blindness develops and find a way on how to remedy it.