Chapter 2: The Ruler in Red

Laterano

The last thing Y/n saw before he blacked out, was a dart filled with green liquid hitting his knee, and the wave of tiredness that hit him soon after.

A few distorted words here and there, and the blurry images of people dressed in white looking at him in amazement and shock. Y/n could only lay there, lay there and go in and out of sleep several times. Time was now irrelevant to him, as he had totally lost track of how long he has been in this semi-conscious state.

During the times where he was conscious but not fully awake, Y/n did not see people nor hear any voices, the rhythmic beeping of the monitor and the comfortable glow of the sun could only be heard and seen respectively. At this point, Y/n didn't care whether he was still alive or not, since he couldn't even tell either way. Repeating the cycle of sleep and conscious was already worse than death itself.

It was or wasn't long before he hearf another voice again, this one very cheerful and full of energy. In his blurry vision, Y/n could deduce that she was in wearing a red dress, with a red glow coming from her and red orbs. The only feature she had that wasn't red was her hair and skin, which was white and fair respectively. Y/n felt her touch his hand, then a pair of lips touching his cheek.

"*squeal* I can't believe I just did that! Does that count as a first kiss? Hmm, maybe not. But what if...?"

Y/n felt a soft hand caress his cheek, long and sharp fingernails rubbing circles around the surface of his skin. Their breaths drew closer as she leaned in, one in anxiety, the other in excitement. Clenching his eyes shut, Y/n anxiously waited for contact, but felt none. He then heard a hearty giggle.

"Nope. New rule everybody! A kiss on the cheek counts as a first kiss! And my first kiss was taken by my one and only £)/}!"

The body of the voice squeezed his hand, leaning close to his right ear to whisper.

"I'll be seeing you again, fraud."

It was then, that Y/n felt himself jolt awake, hands outstretched towards him as the wires hooked up to him was torn off with liquids spewing out like a fountain. An alarm blared in his room, only to shine in less than a minutes before being closed by a wrinkled hand.

"Ah, you're finally awake."

An old man in a white coat took off a clipboard hanging from the bed and flipped to a page, alternating between the paper and Y/n with his tired eyes.

"Those damn guards at the border didn't check the dosage of the sedative before shooting you. Which resulted in your unconscious state and some respiratory problems that lengthened the your stay here. We'll perform a check-up tomorrow, then you can go home. But for now, you have some visitors that are dying to meet you."

Y/n blinked, so did the doctor, who sighed.

"Dying? Don't you get it? Nevermind. You two can come in now."

The door was opened once again as two people came into view. They were as if opposites were a actual people. One had cerulean while the other had mahogany red hair, the former wore a casual outfit, the latter wore a suit that was maybe a bit to formal for a hospital visit.

"Sath! It's been so long!"

"Yes, it has been a while since we last spoke with each other."

Y/n:...Hm?

The doctor who was still in the room coughed, gesturing both the visitors to so he could talk to them out of the patient's earshot.

Doctor: The sedative used on him have been shown to contain some amounts of Lorazepam. It's best if you introduce yourself first so he'll be familiar with you two.