Chapter 18: In Deed

Lungmen

Y/n: Do we have a deal? Wei Yenwu of Lungmen?"

Chief Wei: You will pay for the damage you've done to Lungmen.

Y/n: You don't have concrete evidence. All I ever did was threaten you, but isn't that a common tactic in negotiation?

The Liberi, felt him poke her thigh twice, she silently pushed back her seat and stood up, she passed the more if not equally silent Princess Fumizuki, and as she pressed her hands on the handles of the door. Y/n called out to her.

Y/n: Oi. What are you doing? We're not taking that way out.

Phoenix: Huh?

Y/n: If we take even one step out of this room, we're going to die.

Phoenix: The same people as last time?

Wordlessly nodding, Y/n took out his pistol and shot the glass, the bullet failed to pierce the glass but was able to leave a web-like mark on it. The next moment, an arrow came smashing through the glass panels and embedding itself in the wall across the room, releasing flash that Y/n was prepared for.

The arrow had rope tied onto it that lead down the building. Y/n swiftly grabbed Phoenix by the waist, using the moment of shock as a window to grab onto the rope and slide down.

Before he did, he faced the dazed Wei, eyes scrunched into an angry expression as Y/n smiled mockingly at him.

Y/n: You can send me my last paycheck through the same account. Next time don't ask people to spy on your niece, she's almost a decade older than me, it's weird babysitting her.

Grabbing Phoenix's weight even tighter, he grabbed onto the wire and pushed himself out of the building, just as the door burst open with people in black coats armed to the teeth.

Some tried to slide down the same way as Y/n did, but was shot down by Faust and his Phantom Crossbowmen, who had been hiding and waiting for this exact moment. Some tried to slice the rope off, but it would take too long and by the time they were almost finished Y/n would have been long gone.

But there was one problem.

Y/n: Pffft-!

No, he isn't hurt. The black coats didn't have ranged weapons that could reach him at the speed he was going.

He was laughing because he was being tickled. You see, Y/n's neck "sensitive", which is an excuse for being ticklish in that area of his body. Phoenix's head was against his, and her hair was brushing his neck very often, causing his to tilt his head involuntary as he tries to stop himself from giggling like a madman.

Phoenix: Notarial Hall is not going to like this...

Y/n: This'll be our little secret then.

Chief Wei, watched as Sathariel disappeared in the distance, fist clenched tightly before he unclenched and picked up the phone beside him. Wei frowned as he dialed in a certain number, impatiently waiting until he heard a voice from the other end.

Chief Wei: Sathariel is out of my hands now. And he killed your men without suffering from judgement.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ch'en: Keep a watchful eye on him. I'll take on those on the roof.

"Roger."

Kevin: Hey, Madam Ch'en. I need to tell you something.

Ch'en: Are you finally going to confess who the identity of your leader is.

Kevin seemed to laugh, taking her comment as a joke, when Ch'en was being serious the whole time.