Chapter 30: All You Ever Say

Wendy Guo. Mom once told me my father chose that name for me. I didn't see much of dad back then before he disappeared, I couldn't even picture his face even if I was asked to right now. Till this day no one knew where dad went, or if he's still alive anymore.

Do I hate him? I don't know. Mom sang his praises often, how considerate and empathetic he was and whatnot. But with all that, he was still absent on her death bed.

God I'm a bad person, I can't even seem to hate the man who abandoned us. He'll always be the missing part I need to have a real family.

Family... that's right. Now I remember, why I followed Theresa, or why I held Amiya's hand after waking up. What I wanted was to find a replacement for the missing piece.

But have I found a replacement after all this time?

"Wendy. Come to me."

A Draco. Talulah, is calling for me. But why do I see someone else aside from her? Why do I see a red-haired man with yellow eyes smiling at me like we know each other?

"Wendy, it's me."

I take a step forward in obedience, an odd feeling welling up inside of me as his smile became more and more familiar, confirming my assumptions that we knew each other. But who could it be? It can't be him, right?

"You've suffered for so long, and I'm sorry. Please, let me ease your pains."

His voice... I couldn't help but crumble apart at his gentle voice, it was so soothing, so kind, a cadence that only holds a steady calmness... just like my father's.

I didn't have to say it, he knew who I exactly was.

"I've come home, Wendy, won't you give me a hug?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pride smirked as the monster embraced him in her rotten arms, letting out a collection of distorted high-pitched screeches and rumbling groans that only he seemed to understand.

Pride: Good girl. I'm sorry about your mother. I wished I was there for you, but I'm here know, okay?

Wendy put her father out of the hug, kneeling on both knees trying to bow to him but resembling more like a dog sitting. Pride chuckled from the idea and patted her head.

Pride saw his surroundings, Reunion was now nothing more than a failed opportunity, a plant that couldn't bloom properly. All he could do now is abandon it, at the bright side he now had Wendy back, an old experiment that was stolen from him years ago. He opened his mouth to call out to Giltine and Yama, but stopped in his tracks when he felt a tug on the sleeve of the dress Talulah wore.

He turned around and froze when he saw Y/n, like spotting a family member that died earlier coming back to life. Y/n mumbled something under his breath, he couldn't quite hear it.

Y/n: Did I not tell you? You die tonight, Pride.

Out of habit, Pride raised his palm to fire out flames but was denied the target when Y/n grabbed his wrist and pointed it another way. Phantasms would then wrap around his other arm to keep him pinned, as Shards poked and prodded its sharp edges at his neck.

Y/n:...Don't move.

Pride: Without that sword: You. Are. Nothing.

Black Arts shot his back, making Pride arch his back in pain as he furiously turned back to see a Cautus, bruised and bloodied, but aiming her Arts at him with all her focus put into it. Y/n tried to sneak a hit at the Draco but was carried away to somewhere safe.