Chapter 6: Lights, Camera, and Finals

Two Days Later

Heavy morning rain poured outside the dorms, no one minded it, as finals were to be held indoors thankfully.

Nothing interesting happened after
Y/n's learned how to shoot Terra's version of the gun. Spending the two days slowly easing himself with his schedule. He wasn't the best in class, but his scores were passable with a situation like his.

By day, he was a trainee assuming Sathariel's identity. By night, he studied Sathariel's journal, learning more and more about his counterpart while waiting for any news regarding Pride's whereabouts from Archetto.

For the past few nights, Y/n has been learning more about Arts, especially Sathariel's.

Y/n: Okay... Attempt Number 665. Objective: Place the knife inside the baby doll's head without tearing the cheap plastic.

Sathariel's Arts was easy to understand but difficult to master. It wasn't for offensive purposes in any way, it didn't explode anyone with a touch, nor did it change your hair color as you get an unreasonable buff in power level.

No, his were to pass objects from the 3rd dimension to the 2nd dimension and vice versa, bypassing the dimensional barrier that was scientifically impossible to do.

As I said, it was difficult to master,
Y/n's first try was the key to his room. Unfortunately, he failed, now half of his key sticking out whole the other half was still in the wall.

That was essentially what happened in the other 663 tries. The object would always get stuck halfway out or in.

Why not just pull it out again, you ask? It was Y/n's personal preference to keep the object in place as a reminder of his failures, truly an effective source of motivation for him.

Y/n: FUCK, FUCK, FUCK!! Why that hell I'd this so difficult!?! Just push the knife into the kid's skin without slicing it open!!

He frustratingly groaned and threw the broken doll into a big pile of other broken dolls with various deformations, Y/n laid his head on the table and scratched his scalp, figuring out the reason for his lack of success.

"Woah. You've certainly done a lot these past two days Sathariel."

Y/n: Yes, a lot.

Phoenix stepped into his room, sporting a casual outfit two sizes bigger than her, she also wore glasses, something Y/n just noticed.

She plopped down on his bed, grabbing a pillow to hug with.

Phoenix: You should wash your face, there's something red in your eyes.

Y/n: What are you doing in my room Phoenix? I don't require company at this moment.

Phoenix: I was bored. So I came here to watch you. Finals are still in a few hours, Mostima and co. went to buy lunch for us.

Mostima buying lunch for them? That was certainly a surprise. She was cheap, if there was room for bargain, she would take it without a second thought. If you were bleeding and she was to choose between a stolen motorcycle or an ambulance which would have cost extra to the hospital, she would have chosen the former.

Y/n: That's awfully nice of them. What's the occasion?

Phoenix: Finals.

Y/m: Should've guessed. Mostima's cheap, but she would find any reason no matter what just to celebrate. But hey, at least she's not using our money to pay this time.

Phoenix: Mhm. Hey, where's your halo?

Y/n: Bedside table, there's a plastic stand I use to hold it up.