Chapter 15: Basket Hilted

Rhodes Island

Wendy sat against her chair, rubbing her temples. It wasn't that she was being overworked with papers again, she had finished a long time ago and had received none until this now. She was rubbing her temples because it itched, like an internal itch, right on her brain that she couldn't get no matter how hard she rubbed.

Wendy: Shit... IT'S GETTING WORSE...!!!

The itching spread throughout her head, on her temple, behind her ears, under her chin, anywhere above the neck it itched like a thousand small limbs crawling around.

Wendy: ARGH!

Her rubs began to take on a more forceful approach, the rubs became scratches that reddened her skin and cause small amounts to be scraped off.
Yet, her itch didn't stop, but moved to her Y-shaped horns. Her hands did the same too, aggressive clawing at her horns for the uncomfortable feeling to go away. The only reason she stopped was because she felt pain from her hands.

Wendy: Hisssssssss...!

The itch was gone, but the pain on her hands was still felt. Wendy looked at her hands in shock, witnessing how torn and tattered like paper her flesh looked and how much blood there was. She quickly rushed went in her personal bathroom and opened the lights, but that only served to make her much more panicked when her eyes met her own in the mirror.

It was like if horns were to have a growth spurt, if it were to exist, then Wendy's horns had went through one. They were much more crooked than before, like sharp branches coming from a great, old tree. No wonder her hands were covered in wounds, it was because of herself.

Wendy: How in that world...?- OUCH!!

Even with the lightest poke from her ring finger, there was a small cut that formed. Wendy stared at the cut before she realized the ring Y/n have her wasn't there.

It was on the floor, a chip has been done that seemingly continued to cracked until it fully snapped, leaving it in pieces in the floor. Wendy brushed the broken accessory off her mind as she tried to look for medical supplies.

"I'm hungry..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been only a few months since his release, yet the boy who was given the name Y/n had grow exponentially, to the point where the kid a few months ago was a couple years lacking from becoming a full-fledged adult.

Aside from age, his combat-prowess has grown at the same rate as his age. Now able to masterfully utilize knives, his main weapon due to its portability and synergy with his attack-style.

As of now, he was engaged in a heated battle between his rival and teammate, a Lupo the same age as him, she was from Ursus and came here to train. The Lupo reminded him of the first human being he killed, but felt no remorse anymore.

From the side, the same woman that visited Y/n watched him train with an amused expression. He knew she wasn't a fighter based on her stature, but why was she always spectating?

His thoughts were cut off by his rival thrusting the knife for his chest, at which he dashed back to his left which gave her another chance to strike. Y/n was able to parry the surprise attack however, raising his knife to block off the attack aimed for his shoulder.

During the struggle, the Lupo smirked at Y/n.

"Watch where you are looking."

Y/n: Yet I can clearly see who is superior between the two of us, you cannot. Who is the real visually impaired one?