An Ethereal Sunset...

After an stupid encounter with him, Grace had relaxed her heart to the normal phase but her face was still smudged with a smile from hearing his laugh. Even though two hours had already passed by, she still heard his laughter echoing in her ear. It was cute, she felt as though it soothed her heart in a weird way. She was smiling every few minutes by remembering it again and again.

She was still smiling and lost in her thoughts when Joseph started stirring from under the blankets he was sleeping in. It brought her back to reality, she had almost forgot where she was and specifically with whom. She turned around from the chair she was sitting in, to see Joseph's head peak out from under the sheets, his hair a complete mess and his lips pouted from the sleep he had woken up from.

"Evening, Grace". Joseph greeted her with his sleepy voice.

"Evening, Jo". Grace greeted him with a happy smile on her face using his nickname she had given, he was surprised to listen her call him by that name.

"Did something great happen, when I was in a very unnecessary sleep??. Did I miss something, love?" Joseph asked her feeling himself happy seeing her still smiling.

"Nothing great, its just that the weather's so good. I cant stop smiling." She lied to him, remembering the encounter with the man she never wanted Joseph to know about.

"Okay. So how about a walk near the pool in this so good weather?" He asked her knowing she would accept his offer.

She nodded her head giving him a 'yes' sign and Joseph got up to freshen up so he could take her out for a walk to spend the time together when she was in a good mood.

After fifteen minutes, they were walking by the big pool side, her hand in his. She never refused Joseph whenever he offered to hold her hand even though she didn't like the feeling he felt while doing it. She just wanted to make the only person in her life happy by whatever she can.

"My heart's in cloud nine seeing your sunny smile, honey". Joseph muttered looking at the sunset view in front of them, his thumb caressing the back of her hand.

She didn't respond anything to it, but gave a smile his way before returning her gaze to the exiting sun.

They stood there looking at the sunset which coloured the sky in a magical lovely way. She liked the feeling while watching how the sun was still smiling even though it was departing from the sky it was attached to, but she loved it more because the sun was leaving a space for the moon to shine. like others Grace too fantasised the theory of sun and moon's everyday lovestory. Its was just an ethereal sunset in her eyes...

Their peaceful moment was interrupted by the alarming rings of Joseph's phone. Seeing the number appearing on the phone screen, his face became serious. He excused himself to accept the call walking far away from her, unlike the other times where he would talk in her presence. Grace started getting suspicious about him, but shrugged it off turning around and taking a seat on one of the benches decorated with lamps.

After a decent ten minutes, Joseph came back and sat next to her with a frown on his face.

"I think I need to go back home for a while, a little emergency sorry Grace." He said looking at her eyes which was staring back at his own.

"Its okay, we can go back. The matter isn't too serious right?" She asked him getting concerned about the situation. Even though she felt sad for ending their stay in resort soon, she was more concerned about him.

"No no, nothing's serious. You don't need to come with me, I will be back before ten at night. Its just there's someone waiting to meet me. After meeting them I will be here soon." He replied her with a small smile.

" Who?" Grace blurted out startling him with her question, she never asked him questions about who or where he was going. Her question made him a bit nervous. He took a few minutes thinking about what answer he should give her.

After a while, he took her hand in his slowly, lifting his head he answered her question, which made her smile fall away quickly from her features and her hands started trembling slightly. Her eyes filling with a sad feeling..

"Mum and Dad's home, they need to talk about something. Don't worry I will be back soon". He said squeezing her hand a bit and giving her a smile to soothe her, but nothing worked as her heart was beating with a scary beat...

A/N :

Am waiting for the grammy's....is there anyone who isn't??

Let's hope they would be the record makers again..yay!! Love you guys😘😘

Stay happy, stay healthy

Thank you,💜
With love,
Castle❤❤