A Betrayal of Bitterness...

Grace was sleeping, her hand holding a book and blankets barely covering her legs. She opened her eyes slowly to see sunrays peaking brightly through the windows on her face. She left the warmness of the bed and got up , placing the book next to the bed side table.

The clock on the table showed the time 10:00 am clearly, but joseph had still not yet returned as he promised. A night had passed and she dint know what was happening at home.

She had spent the rest of the previous evening while biting her nails in nervousness, pacing in front of the bed continuously and finally had started reading a book to distract from the way she was feeling inside her.

 It would have been an under statement to say she was nervous, she was feeling like she could have a freaking heart attack any minute. Imagining what would be happening in the home was making her more and more scared. She didn't know what they were conversing and why they had visited Joseph for the first time since she had moved in with him.

Grace was sure that her aunt didn't like her nor that she was living in her son's shelter. She still felt her insides churning by remembering how her aunt had once talked to her rudely over the phone when Joseph had left the device with Grace. But she was thankful they had never visited her once, because she couldn't have managed herself without a mental breakdown after meeting them face to face.

After finishing her morning routine, She called him a couple of times but there was no response from the other side  side. So she decided it was better to go home and see for herself about the matter. She knew Joseph wouldn't like if she visited them but she didn't have any other option. she thought it was better to just be in the scene rather than waiting in the resort killing herself every second by thinking  of the possibilities happening at home alone with Joseph.

By the time she reached the home, it was already twelve thirty in the afternoon. She was loosing herself every second during the whole ride knowing whom she was going to meet and preparing herself for the cruel words thrown at her. She wouldn't have been so scared to meet her aunt and uncle if they didn't knew the relationship between their son and his sister but unfortunately they knew every little detail about how much he loved her and still defended their son, accusing her for the wrong. 

Entering inside the long white gates she saw Joseph's car in the parking lot but what made her confused was, there wasn't any other car except his. She had expected to see her uncle's Hyundai car to be parked behind his car. Without giving it a much thought she started taking very dreadful steps towards the front door. 

Opening the door she expected to see her uncle, aunt and their son to be sitting on the sofa's in the living room. But there was no one in presence. She thought of calling out loud to let them know of her presence but she first wanted to talk to Joseph about the missing parts where she wasn't present. 

Entering inside she closed the front door, leaving her shoes on the rack replacing it with a slipper she used to wear but her attention was snatched to the red heels kept neatly inside the rack. She thought it would belong to her aunt and started taking silent steps towards their bedroom hoping she would find Joseph in there. During the process she bumped into a red colour suitcase placed next to the vase near the kitchen. 

She squinted her eyes seeing the suitcase and by the looks of it she guessed it might be her aunt's luggage.  ' I never heard you liked red colour, aunt' she thought for herself before Taking another few steps, she pushed open the door to the bedroom and by the view in front of her brought tears to her eyes, making her knees weak.