46

Josh

"I still can't believe you was cool with her meeting up that nigga."

"He ain't no threat to me." I shrugged.

"That's how it always starts off bro."

"Man would you give it a rest. I trust my girl."

"I trust her too but niggas are sneaky Josh."

"And my girl sees through bullshit. Like I said, I'm not worried."

"Aight man."

Going back to eating, I shook my head. Rico's been on my case about Leila and this dude. I understand his concern especially if Leila was like these other girls but she isn't so I'm cool. She's been told me about him and them conversing on Christmas. Dude was a bit pushy but it's whatever.

"I know your acting like this because I'm leaving." I chuckled.

"Nah nigga. I'm just tryna make sure you don't end up killing anyone."

"Lie one more time."

"You know damn well you will beat that boy to a pulp if you find out he tries anything with Leila."

"I would." I shrugged. "And she knows I would too. All the more reasons why she ain't gonna let him come at her."

"Unless she's like Aria and love to see you fight." He laughed.

"Bro you serious?"

"Dead ass. That girl gets turned on by that but at the same time she'on like when I get mad because of anyone."

"Y'all belong together for real." I laughed. "But nah, for real, you know you gonna miss me."

"Nigga you know this but your egotistical ass just want to hear me say it like if you ain't gonna miss a nigga too."

"You're my brother, of course I will but we got our plans."

"I just hope both don't fall on the same day."

"For real. You told Aria?"

"Yeah. She said I'll have to buy her dress for that one." He sucked his teeth.

"I don't see why you catching an attitude, you know you would have even if she didn't say."

"Yes but I don't like to be told to do something."

"Whatever."

"I still can't believe we're almost out."

"Nigga I can but at the same time, reality bout to get as real as a mother." He joked. "College is a whole different ball game."

"Yeah but at least we gonna be there together."

"True." We dapped.

"Hey Josh."

Looking up, Carmen stood there. Sucking my teeth, I went back to eating.

"Can we talk?"

"No."

"Please Josh."

"We don't have anything to talk about Carmen."

"But we do Rico." We then heard.

"Satan why are you testing me and my boy today?" Rico spoke out loud. "You know what bro?" He looked at me. "Let's hear what they have to say." He gave me this look.

Knowing what he was insinuating, I nodded in agreement. Pulling the two chairs, they then sat.

"We never said y'all could sit though. Now talk?" I instructed.