61

Leila

"Lei are you ready?"

"Coming!"

Grabbing my phone and keys, I closed my door behind me before meeting my mother by the door. Today we were heading to look for material for Kareem to make my prom dress along with shoes and accessories.

"You still haven't showed me the design for this dress. I hope it's not a skimpy dress."

"It's not." I laughed.

Pulling up the sketch he had sent me, I handed her my phone. Zooming in on the picture, she examined it thoroughly before handing me back my phone and giving me her approval.

"That boy really is talented."

"I know right. Fashion and design really is his calling." I smiled proud of my friend.

"Will you be able to walk in it though?" She joked.

"Yes." I laughed. "I made sure and told him I have to be able to walk and dance."

"Very good. Especially with that dancer boyfriend you have."

"The way you and Ms. Jaliyah just be talking about us."

"Whatever."

"Do you plan on getting into any activities while at Stanford?"

"I'm not sure yet. Why?"

"I think you should. Give yourself some balance."

"Mmkay."

"What do you plan on wearing for the other prom?"

"Nothing fancy. I eventually decided that whatever I see and like, I'll buy it."

"With what money?" She glanced at me.

"The money my man gave me." I smirked.

"The what from who?"

"The money I got from my man." I repeated.

"That boy works no where but gives you money."

"Yes." I answered honestly. "He saves whatever he gets. Josh isn't one to just spend money unnecessarily."

"Unless it's on you."

"Exactly."

Shaking her head, I just laughed to myself. Pulling up to the fabric store, she found a park and we got out. Making sure the car was secured, we then made our way in.

 Making sure the car was secured, we then made our way in

"Did Kareem tell you what to get?"

"Yes he did."

Walking around a bit, waiting on an attendant to become free, we looked at all the different fabrics they had stacked.

"This is so beautiful." My mom said about a rich royal blue.

"That would look so good on you mommy."

"Thank you."