33

Joshua

"So y'all good?"

"Yeah man. I just gotta check my attitude with her." I chuckled.

"Yes you do. Take Aria and me for instance."

Rolling my eyes as he spoke, he caught it and cussed me out. I'd never seen my bro this into a girl before and it was funny.

"I'm just tryna show you that all you gotta do is be honest. Me and her don't keep shit from each other."

"So she told you that she called my girl pertaining to you?"

"Yes she did. She called my friend in law to ask her to talk to you about a surprise for me."

"Oh word? What she got you?"

"That."

Turning the camera, he had it on a big portrait of him and his mom.

"She drew that?"

"Nah. Aria ain't got one artistic bone in her ass." He laughed. "She had it done and gave it to me on the anniversary of her passing."

"That's really dope though bro."

"Man that ain't even the best part." He smirked.

"If it's nasty, Ion wanna hear it."

"No fool. Your mind stay in the fucking gutter."

"And yours don't? Just tell me what is the best part."

"She approached my pops. Had a sit down with him and they just talked. The nigga pulled out the albums and everything. They really caught a vibe."

"That's great man."

"It is." He nodded. "I really didn't expect that and after that, my pops approached me that night and said I did good and she approves."

"She as in your mom?"

"Yeah man. I ain't even gonna lie, a nigga cried when I saw the portrait."

"Shit, I would too." We both laughed. "But sis did good though. It shows she for real got you."

"Exactly. You wanna know some crazy shit."

"Oh God." I shook my head. "What?"

"Since we been in this relationship, we ain't really fuck like that." He laughed.

"Oh word?"

"Yeah man. Ion know what's going on. I mean, I still find her fine as fuck but."

"But you wanna get to know your girl." I laughed.

"For real. A nigga getting soft." He shook his head.

"Getting?"

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"Man you been soft."

"Fuck you bro." We laughed. "But nah, I understand what you been telling me bout your dates with Leila and how y'all just talk. Shit's weird but feels good."

"Yup."

"You and Leila spoke bout college?"

"Yep. We straight."

"Word?"

"Yes man. She gonna be in Cali."

"And you're okay with that?"