8

Josh

"Man just remember to come get me at the airport later."

"You know I ain't gonna forget." Rico laughed.

Making my way through theses school halls, I was glad to be heading back home later today. I was most glad that the cheapest flight my momma got was one leaving on a Thursday and coming back on a Tuesday.

"I'm surprised ya momma letting you miss three days of school." He laughed.

"Well I had to stretch the truth a bit." I laughed.

"Nigga what you told her?"

"Aside from us ain't doing shit tomorrow. I told her y'all ain't got school till Wednesday because or a sewer problem."

"Well damn." He laughed. "Ms. J really took that bait?"

"I doubt it but she still letting me miss school so I don't care."

Closing my locker door, I was startled then annoyed by the person who was behind it.

"Hold on woe."

"Yeah man."

"The fuck you want?" I asked Mark.

"Look I know we got off on a bad foot but."

"Man stop all the bullshitting and answer my question because you wasting my time."

"Fine. Coach begged me for whatever reason to get you to join the."

"No!" I said turning to walk off.

Putting my phone back by my ear, this fool had the nerve to pull me back.

"Man! Who the fuck you pulling on?" I spun around.

"Josh? What's going on woe?" I heard Rico ask.

"Man some unimportant fool tryna talk to me."

"Look, like I said coach asked me to do this. I don't know why and personally don't give a fuck."

"Good well then take my answer and be on your little way." I fixed my bag strap. "And the next time you touch me, I will break your fucking wrist."

Walking off, heading to the lunch room, I went back to talking to Rico. Getting my lunch and chatting with the lunch lady like I usually do, I took my food and sat by my usual seat.

"What he look like?" Rico asked.

Now on FaceTime, I switch the camera and put it on Mark for him to see. Switching back, he nodded his head. Rico's temperament and mine were similar, the only difference was, I was quick to react while he plotted and then did his thing when you least expect it.

"Anyway. Just make sure and get whatever rest you need because this weekend gonna be lit. Big Mike got a party tomorrow and we going."

"His ass stay having parties. When he gonna finally graduate from that damn college?"

"Shit, Ion know but I got us in that party so be ready."

"I got you man." I laughed.

Looking behind him, I gave him a signal when I'd seen Ty standing there. Hearing him suck his teeth, I told him I would see him at the airport. Just as Ty was about to say something to me, I ended the call.

"Hey."

"Wassup?" I answered Leila.

"You mind if I sit here? My usual seat is taken and I'm not in the mood to deal with these people today."