28

Josh

"So do I gotta dress up, dress up for this shit?"

Sitting at the desk in my room, I rolled a blunt while on FaceTime with Leila.

"Babe you can wear whatever you want, I'm still gonna be clinging to your arm when we walk in." She smiled.

"That's what I like to hear." I smirked as I licked the paper to seal it. "What you gonna wear?"

"The three piece set you bought me."

"Then I gotta match my girl's fly."

"If you want too." She shrugged.

"Hold on."

Getting up from my seat, I pulled back one side of the curtain and opened a window.

"Don't forget to lock your door. You know how Cait always comes bursting in when you smoke."

"Good looking out." I laughed as I did that.

Taking back my seat, I lit it and took a pull. Allowing it so set in, I then exhaled and put my attention back on her.

"What you about to do there?"

"Flat iron my hair."

"Okay. You need space to do that?"

"I'm fine right here with you."

"Aight." I nodded and took another pull. "What time you want to go for?"

"Well it starts at six, I was thinking half eight."

"That's good time."

"Yeah and two, three hours tops."

"Shit I'm good with just one hour." I laughed as did she.

"I'm not trying to hear Anna fussing in my ear."

"She got a nigga, why is she going to be fussing?"

"Because, despite having a boyfriend, we're still best friends. We've had a conversation bout this already. That one isn't going to get put in the back burner just because the other is in a relationship. In the end if that relationship ends, who you got? Your best friend."

"So y'all basically have a balance then?"

"Exactly."

"Ion know how y'all do it, being so opposite." I chuckled.

"We balance each other and Kareem is like the piece in the middle to stabilize everything."

"Well that's good to know."

"Yeah. So if we ever break up."

"That ain't gonna happen." I simply said.

"Okay." She giggled.

Not saying anything, I continued smoking my blunt while watching her do her hair.

"So I've been thinking." She spoke. "Since my dad is coming home for Thanksgiving, You and your family can come over."

"You want me spend thanksgiving with you babe?" I smirked.

"You and your family, yes."

"I'll talk to my moms."

"And I will talk to my parents." She smiled.

"Just fucking beautiful." I smirked.