37

Leila

"Mommy?"

Entering the laundry room, she sat sorting my brother's clothes. Looking up at me, she looked tired.

"Are you okay?"

"Just tired that's all. How my I help you?"

"Umm." I paused.

Seeing how she looked worried me and the last thing I wanted to do was ask her for money. Josh and I were suppose to be going to do our Christmas shopping today but seeing her like this.

"How about you go get some rest and I will finish here?"

"It's fine honey. Now what did you really come to ask me?"

"That's it. You've been working doubles all week. Go lay down. I'll take care of here."

"Not with your brother around. He's extra busy today." She sighed.

"Don't even worry about Siah. I can handle him."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes mommy."

Sighing, she then got up and left the room. Getting my phone I decided to call Josh and let him know of the change in plans.

"Wassup love? Ready for me to come get you?"

"Change of plans babe." I sighed.

"Awe c'mon Lei." He began. "We barely saw each other this week."

"I know babe but my mom is really tired so I told her I'd handle the chores today."

Hearing him sigh, I knew he understood.

"Aight well I'm coming over to help you."

"You don't have to."

"Yeah well I miss my girl so whatever it takes to be around you, I'm gonna do it."

Trying to fight back my blush, I couldn't.

"You'll see me in a bit and I'll bring Cait because I'm not trying to hear your brother come at me over her."

"Thank you baby. I love you."

"Love you too."

Ending the call, I stood there staring at my phone. I didn't expect those words to come out of my mouth with such ease but it was how I feel and to hear him say it back felt good.

Taking up the position my mother was in, I continued sorting the colours and white, delicates and jeans. Setting the machine, I placed the colours in and left it, while I washed the delicates with my hands. With my brother having sensitive skin, his laundry was always handled differently.

"Leila?" His little voice called. "Snack please."

"Sure bud, just give me a minute."

Standing besides me, he watched as I finished washing his delicates then placed his whites to soak a bit in some bleach water.

"Aight, lets go."

Running off ahead of me, I laughed and met him in the kitchen. Getting a jello cup, I gave it to him with a spoon. Soon as he took it from me, our door bell rang.

"Leila, door!" Siah yelled.

"I know bud." I laughed as I walked to get it.

Opening the door, seeing Josh standing there looking good, I couldn't help but smile. Giving me this smirk, he licked his lips before stepping to me and kissing me.