62

Joshua

"Josh!"

"Yeah momma?" I yelled back.

Not hearing anything, I answered again. Still nothing, I got up and made my way downstairs.

"Woah!" I paused.

"Woah is right." She laughed.

"What's all this?"

"You tell me. It's addressed to you."

Confused, I took the huge bear from the delivery guy along with two bags. Getting her purse, my momma gave him a tip before he left.

"You owe me twenty dollars." She said as she walked into the family room.

"How?"

"Because it's your delivery."

"But?"

"But nothing. Hush and show me what's in the bag."

Looking at the bear, I took out a card that was in the bag and opened it

Looking at the bear, I took out a card that was in the bag and opened it. Seeing Leila's name, I smiled. With today being Valentine's Day, I was surprised by all of this, given the fact that it's not our thing.

"What it say?"

"Though this isn't our thing, I wanted to make you feel special like how you make me feel. Sign Lei."

"Awe." My mother gushed.

Taking out the contents of the bag, one had breakfast and the other was an outfit, that I most certainly was going to wear.

"It's enough to share for all three of us momma."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Lei said so on the card." I laughed.

"Well then." She too laughed.

Taking it into the kitchen, I went to my room and called her. As she answered, I just stared at her with a smirk.

"Why you call me being weird sir?"

"Because you ain't shit." I laughed.

"I take it you got your delivery."

"I did." I nodded. "Thank you."

"You're most welcome. Don't get used to it though."

"See why I said you ain't shit."

"Just like my man." She smiled.

"It's a damn good thing I got some shit planned."

"Urgh."

"Don't 'urgh' me. Now finish getting ready, I'll be there in half an hour."

"Okay."

Ending the call, I finished getting ready, grabbed my bag and left my room. Making my way downstairs, I walked over to the bear and just stared at it while shaking my head.