49

Leila

"How are you feeling love?"

"I'm fine mom."

"Okay. Just making sure." She nodded.

Getting back to lunch, we ate in silence, aside from Messiah humming while he ate.

"He got that from dad."

"Just as how you got the toes wiggle from him." She laughed and shook her head.

"All his traits we just share huh?"

"All of them." She smiled.

My mother was aware of what happened between Josh and I. When I got home Friday night, I ended up sleeping in her room with her and Messiah. Just from that action, she knew something was off and I didn't hesitate to tell her.

Being the mother she was, supportive and comforting, she calmed my restless spirit and reasoned with me

Being the mother she was, supportive and comforting, she calmed my restless spirit and reasoned with me. I'll admit, I was pissed but she helped me come back from that negative emotion and see that it was an honestly lapse.

"Did you and dad have any time in your relationship where y'all fell out?"

"Child, we had A LOT!" She laughed. "Your father is not just good looking but light skinned and in American, it makes women crazy for some reason. Aside from that, like you, we've had arguments about dates he forgot all sort of things."

"And how you got over it?"

"Well, for one, he wasn't cheating so that made it easy. Also, after all the arguing, we'd calm down and then talk it out. Listen princess, you're going to have situations like this one come up and like I told you yesterday, it's all well and good isolate but not forever."

"I don't plan too. I'm still working on these feelings and dealing with matters like this."

"You know what it is? He has spoiled you. He makes you the center of attention, which nothing is wrong but at the same time, you're not leaving room for disappointment, which happens."

"You're right."

"I know I am." She laughed. "But, you'll be fine. The both of you."

"Thanks."