22

Leila

"Why are you so dressed up?"

Walking into my parents room, my mother was assisting my father with his tie

Walking into my parents room, my mother was assisting my father with his tie. Today was the day where they were meeting with both the principal and Mr. Robinson.

"I'm a professional man, Princess. Therefore I act and dress the part."

"Right." I nodded trying not to laugh.

I knew my father and his temperament. When it comes to our family, he doesn't know how to act, and when it comes to me specifically, well, that's a whole different story.

"Go finish getting ready and have your breakfast."

"So you're not going to ask me why I came in here?"

"Knowing you." My father began. "Probably to tell me to behave myself today." He laughed.

Scoffing, I turned and walked off.

"We know you, love." My dad yelled as I heard them laugh.

Reentering my room, I took off my robe and got dressed. Grabbing my backpack, I made my way downstairs to my dad and brother having breakfast.

"Mommy's getting ready?"

"Yup." They both answered.

Uncovering my plate, I said grace and then ate. While we did, my mother came down ready and had hers. Once we were finished, we left. We were going in earlier than usual so that my parents could speak to the principal first.

"Leila?"

"Yes birther?" I answered my mother.

Glancing at me in the rear view, she shook her head while my father laughed.

"Is there anything we need to know before this meeting?"

"Everything I've told you guys is what's been happening. He is the only class that this happens in. Every other class is normal."

"Okay."

Shortly after, we had arrived to drop off Messiah. It was rare for my dad to be here so they took the opportunity to get feedback on him before we went to my school.

"So are you going to have him evaluated?" I asked.

Upon meeting with his administrator, she had informed them that she felt as though Messiah was more advanced than we thought.

"We plan on discussing it later. Even if he is, at this stage in his life, I just want him to be a child. When he gets older, we will take it from there." My mother answered.

The way my parents were raising us was ideal. I had my strengths that they would build on and encouraged me with and it was the same for my brother so we were well balanced.