25

Joshua

Staring at my phone as the screen went blank, I tired my best not to let my anger get the best of me.

"You for real right now?" I asked Carmen calmly.

"What?"

"Are you for real right now Carmen?" I turned to her fully.

"I don't understand why you're acting like this." She shrugged. "Were you talking to someone important?" She asked with this smirk.

"You seen me on the phone. I acknowledged you, so why didn't just keep it moving?"

"Why should I have? Anyone you're speaking too could obviously wait." She shrugged.

"That's where you're fucking wrong." My voice rose. "Especially when I was talking to my girl."

"Your girl?"

"Yes my fucking girl! You heard her call me babe and you continued with your bullshit. That wasn't cool."

"No! What isn't cool is you trying to play me."

"How the fuck am I trying to play you. We weren't together, we never went together, so tell me how am I playing you?"

Standing there quietly, she just looked at me. It was clear that I was pissed and wanted to punch something.

"Yo bro, calm down man." Rico spoke to me.

Looking at him, Aria still sitting on his lap, this time with her head on his shoulder, I took a couple breaths and exhaled.

"The fuck is going on here." Was all we heard.

Turning back around Tyierra stood there pissed seeing Rico and Aria.

"You need to just mind your business and go bout your little night." Aria waved her off.

"Excuse you?"

"Ty don't come here trying to start any shit because you know my girl will beat you." Rico spoke.

All the while they went back and forth, I sat trying to get on to Leila. Every time I called, her phone just rang out.

"Man gimme yo keys." I stood up.

Dipping in his pockets, he got them and handed it to me.

"We ain't cool or no shit like that anymore. You was foul for that mess all because your ass hatin like your dumbass sister." I said then walked off.

Making my way through the house, Rico and Aria weren't to far behind. Spotting Ariel dancing with some dude, I just shook my head and left.

"Yo Josh!" Rico yelled out.

"What man?"

"Just relax bro. I'm sure she ain't bugging over that."

"You didn't see her face." I stopped and looked at him. "Carmen did that shit on purpose. She heard Leila call me babe when she asked who it was."

"Yeah but it don't make no sense stressing bro."

"Want me to fight her for you Josh?" Aria asked.

Giving her my attention, she had this smile on her face that made me laugh.

"Easy my lah fighter." Rico chuckled before kissing her on her cheek.

"I'm ready to get out of here. I'm hungry." I sighed.

"Let me go get Ariel then."

As she walked back to the party, I tried calling Leila again. Not getting a response, I wanted to smash my phone.