2

Joshua

Making my way through the halls of yet another school, I was completely over this shit. This was my fourth high school and I wasn't about to go through the process of making friends and all that shit again.

Looking at everyone as they lingered in the halls, I shook my head before entering my Literature class. Scanning the room for a seat, my eyes fell on one by the window behind the same girl from my homeroom.

"Bruh? Either you're going or not man."

Turning around, so dude stood there staring at me.

"What? Didn't you hear me. Or are your ears new too?" He laughed as did some other people who were with him.

"Nah but the ass whooping I can serve you def gon be new for you." I said before making my way across the room.

These niggas in here got me all the way fucked up, but I wasn't about to let them get me caught up. Sitting behind shorty, she just gazed out the window in her own world.

This was the first time I'd seen anyone who did that shit like I did. Pulling out my sketch pad and pencil, I began doing a sketch what came to my mind when I heard someone talk to me.

"Hey?"

Trying to ignore her, I continued sketching.

"I'm Joanna."

Glancing up a bit, I saw where shorty in front of me looked back slightly at the girl then shook her head. Ole girl who was so busy trying to talk to me didn't even notice her.

"So what are you sketching?" She continued.

Sighing heavily, I kept up with my sketch.

"Damn, I know you hear me, the least you can do is respond." She sucked her teeth.

Speaking loud, it drew the attention of everyone in the class who were now looking in our direction.

"Well damn. I would think that you would realize that when someone is ignoring you, you would shut up."

The class around us went up in an uproar of laughter and shit, same time the teacher walked in. Looking at ole girl, she mugged me before getting up and going to another seat. The sound of shorty in front of me snickering, made me look at her.

"Good Morning class and welcome to the first day of your last year here." He began. " For any new students, I'm Mr. Joseph. your Lit teacher and feel free to come and ask any questions you may have throughout the semester."

After introducing himself, he called roll and got on with the class. He informed us that we have three reading materials to complete by the end of this first semester and it was going to be a lot of interactive work.

"The first book we will be discussing is Harper Lee's 'To Kill a Mocking Bird'."

Hearing the name of the book, I shook my head. This was going to be my third time reading it and I wasn't going to.

"So with this first book, we will just be doing open discussions during the next couple weeks. Along with these discussions, you will be expected to analyze and summarize chapters so for your first assignment, I want you to read the first five chapters and come prepared for an open discussion next class."

Of course everyone groaned when he said that. Instructing us to take out our books, we did so before he began to read while we followed. As everyone was in their zone, I continued with my sketch.

******

Walking into the gym during lunch, shit was empty. I wasn't in the mood for lunch so I decided to check out this place's facilities. Seeing a tub of basketballs, I got one and did some layups and shots, just messing around.