9

Josh

"I'm still surprised they let you be in here for the day."

Laughing, me and Rico made our way to his locker to get his stuff. Rather than him staying home, we got his dad to talk to the principal to let me sit in for the day.

"I'm telling you man, Miss McKenner got a thing for your pops. You ain't see how she was looking at him."

Sucking his teeth, he closed his locker door before slinging his bag on his shoulder.

"Nigga I already told you, she ain't checking for him."

Laughing at how defensive he got, we made our way out of school. It was weird walking these halls again but weird in a good day. As we approached his car, an all to familiar voice called him.

"Wassup?" He looked at his ex.

"You busy tonight?"

"You do see my woe standing here right so you know the answer to that."

"You don't gotta be rude with your damn answer Ricardo. Like I asked you a simple question."

"Yeah well yeen got no authority questioning my grown ass."

"Grown where?" She looked him up and down.

"I ain't bout to do this shit with you so you got your answer now be on ya way."

"Whatever."

Flipping him her middle finger, she turned her back and walked off. Yelling bitch behind her, she didn't say anything while we got into his car.

"I swear she gets on my damn nerves."

"Why you even entertain her?" I shook my head.

"Fuck if I know. A nigga got manners."

"Right?" I laughed as did he. "So where we heading?"

"Mall. I gotta get a fit for tonight."

"All them clothes your ass got and you still going to buy something new."

"You know how I am."

"Yeah. A damn shopping addict."

"Nah man. Money is to be spent. The hell am I holding on to it for."

"I'll remember this day in the next ten years when you looking to buy a house." I laughed.

"I ain't need ta buy that. What's my pop's own is mine. Perks of being and only child." He smirked.

"Man something is wrong it's you." I laughed.

"Like my pop's say, I'm a happy little fucker." He laughed.

"Damn right you are."

Switching the conversation, we eventually pulled up at the mall. Heading to our usual store, as soon as we walked in, a girl approached us. Looking at Rico like she wanted to devour him, he played along with it while he got what he wanted.

Checking out some jackets, I heard a voice next to me speak.

"Those would look so dope with some skinny jeans and a black and white vans."

Looking over the jacket again and imagining it, she was right. Glancing at her, she smiled.

"You got a good eye for this. You work here?"

"Nah. I came to check my sister but she busy being her usual hoe self."

Pointing to where she was, I laughed when I saw it was the girl helping Rico.