54

Leila

"I still can't believe he went over to his place." Anna laughed.

"Girl, my man is spiteful. He didn't go to save his self, he went to throw Mark under the bus."

"What were his parents reactions?"

"When they heard the pet comment, his mother looked at me in shock."

"I still can't believe he said that. Wait till I see his ass on Monday. Anyway, continue."

"Right." I laughed. "His parents apologized and said they would handle it. His mother said he wasn't raised to be like that and is in utter shock."

"A set of bull shit."

"Same I thought till Mark and his dad showed up on my door step last night and he apologized for his comment."

"Shut up!" Anna exclaimed making me laugh.

"His dad held him by the back of his neck and was like 'talk!' and Mark looked so embarrassed."

"He should have whooped his ass in front of you."

"You are too much." I shook my head.

"What did your mom say?"

"Nothing because she wasn't home. She worked the night shift last night."

"Oh okay." Anna nodded. "Are you going to tell her?"

"Nah. I'm leaving it right there. Im going to make sure and stare clear of him though."

"Not like he'll have a choice with you. Josh will get him worse after that one punch."

"Anna you should have seen Josh's reaction. I've never seen him that angry, even though he had it under control."

"That boy loves you and will protect you at all costs."

"I know and I love him for that too but I really don't want him getting that angry again."

"Girl I feel you."

Listening to Anna speak on how Elijah has the same temper, so to speak, I chose to just listen. She nor anyone else, aside from myself, Rico and the girls, knew Josh's' true temper. When he told me, I had doubted him till Rico showed me some videos of fights he had gotten into and I honestly was shocked.

"Anyway sis. I'm happy you're good though. Let me go get to this laundry before my dad comes in here." She rolled her eyes.

Laughing, we said our goodbyes. Just as the call ended, my mom was heard calling my name. Making my way downstairs, I smiled when I saw Kareem.

"What are you doing here?" We hugged.

"Girl I needed a break from that house." He shook his head.

"Well you know mine is always open to you."

"Thank you."

Making our way into the kitchen after he took off his shoes, I grabbed some snacks when he got some drinks.

"Don't load up too much." My mom spoke. "Lunch is almost ready."

"Okay." I nodded.

Making our way to my room, I closed the door behind me as he got situated on the floor.

"So what's going on?" I joined him, taking the bag of chips.

"My mother. The lady is so dramatic."

"Hmmm." I smirked.