52

Lelia

"Ready for tonight babe?"

Massaging Josh's shoulders, we were sitting on the field having a picnic for lunch. After an amazing week of being with each other, studying and coming out amazing in final group and pair assignments, when he had gotten into practice mode last week, it wasn't so bad.

"As long as you're court side, I'm always ready."

"Oh you know I'm there."

Holding my hand, stopping the massage, he pulled me onto his lap. Leaning in, we kissed deeply. Eventually parting, I couldn't help but blush.

"I love seeing that smile." He kissed me again.

"I love when you make me smile."

Climbing off of him, we laid back on the blanket and just relaxed in each other's company.

"Hey?" I remember.

"Mmm?"

"You know what I was to tell you. Randomly, guys from your team have been talking to me, being nice."

"Good."

"Good? You knew?"

"Yeah. At our last game they asked me how I bagged you because you don't like anyone." He laughed.

"True."

"And I told them because you're an amazing person and you don't like them because they can't see past your skin."

"You said that?"

"Did I lie?"

"No but."

"But nothing. I told the truth along with Joanna and her bull shit witch talk. Then they said they don't like when she does that."

"Yet they don't say anything." I scoffed.

"I said the same and they got quiet."

"Well, thank you for that." I kissed him on his cheek.

"Don't even mention it. Nothing I said was a lie so they've probably came to their senses."

"Not that it matters."

"To you it may not, but to me it does." He shrugged. "I don't like nor appreciate how they treat you, especially that bitch and I'm not gonna stand for it."

"My protector." I rolled and kissed him.

"Damn right. Now set your alarm because I'm about to take a nap."

"I'll be up reading."

"Nah, you taking a nap too. Set that shit."

"Okay then." I laughed lightly.

Setting the alarm on my phone, I packed up our stuff then joined him. Hugging me close to him. I laid my head on his chest and relaxed. Hearing the beating sound of his heart, I smiled to myself before my eyes closed a bit.

Though they were closed, I wasn't asleep, Josh on the other hand was out cold. Smiling to myself, I took my time easing my way out of his embrace. Getting my book, I then laid back down and read till my alarm went off.

*******

"Girl what are you doing on your phone?"

Glancing at Anna, I went back to finishing the reservation I was making for Josh and I. We were at the basketball finals and our team was up by six points. While watching I decided to plan a congratulatory quick date for us, whether win or lose.