34

Leila

Laying in bed, I stared at the ceiling wondering how today was going to go

Laying in bed, I stared at the ceiling wondering how today was going to go. For one, I prayed my father didn't drill Josh or say anything threatening, jokingly again.

"Hey grandma. Please keep your son in check today." I snickered. "But, putting all jokes aside, I miss you." I sighed. "I know we speak everyday, but I wish you were here today, to meet him especially."

Shaken out of my conversation by my phone buzzing, I had received a text from Josh letting me know that they had left home. Getting up, I did my morning routine and then dressed. Making my way downstairs, I entered the kitchen, only to be greeted by my parents making out.

"Whoa! Its one thing to do that in front of me, but please not in front the food."

"Good morning to you too Leila." My mother spoke.

"Good morning princess."

Making an attempt to kiss my forehead like he usually did, I pulled away.

"I don't know where else your mouth has been sir."

"Oh so it's like that huh?"

"Yes."

As I was about to go into the fridge, Messiah came running into the kitchen repeating Caitlyn's name. As cute as it was, it was annoying at times but still cute.

"She'll be here soon boy. Relax." I lifted him.

Fighting me to put him back down, I did so and he just took off. Shaking their heads, my parents spoke while I just looked at them.

"I still can't get over how attached he is to that little girl."

"They are both attached to each other." My mother snickered.

"Then to top it off, their older siblings are in a relationship with each other."

"That was unintentional though." I spoke.

"Yet you're still in a relationship with the boy."

"The boy has a name dad." I rolled my eyes. "Why am I getting the feeling that you're not to on board with this?"

"I'm always on board with you being happy princess. I'm just still getting over the initial shock. I know you of all people don't like social interaction so for you to have a boyfriend, clearly that boy." He paused when I glared at him. "Joshua, is just like you." He laughed.

"He is to be honest and I think that's why we are how we are." I laughed a little.

"As long as you're happy but keep in mind."

"My goals are top priority. Believe me I know this and so does he and he isn't going to come in the way of that."

"Good because I wouldn't want to have to cripple someone's son."