Chapter 3: More Surprises

After we spoke in our separate groups, we came to sit together, and our meals were ready to be served. Leon whispered in my ear whilst everyone else was chatting amongst themselves.

Leon: Did you expect my proposal?

Violetta: I was hoping for it to happen soon, but no, I didn't expect it to happen tonight.

Leon: I was going to propose on the yacht, but you didn't seem happy, so I got nervous and chickened out. I wanted it to be perfect.

Violetta: This was perfect. Thank you for such an incredible day.

Leon: My pleasure, thank you for saying yes.

Violetta: I would never say no. If you didn't propose in the next month, I would've done it myself.

Leon: I'm sorry, but I have been planning on proposing for the past year now. I worked on that song alone for a whole 2 months.

Violetta: Well then, what took you so long?

We both giggled and I kissed her on the cheek.

Violetta: I did love the song. It made me feel special.

Leon: You are special my love.

Violetta: Aww! I'm glad you proposed in front of all our friends, so we didn't have to tell them the whole story again.

Leon: Yeah, that's one of the reasons why I proposed with them here.

Violetta: What's the other reason?

Leon: To get a video so we can treasure the moment forever.

Violetta: I love you.

Leon: And I love you.

She kissed me on the cheek and then Federico tapped his glass to talk.

Federico: I'd like to make a toast. To my lovely sister and my future brother in-law. May you both continue to inspire us all with your compassion and love for one another. You are the definition of true love. I'm excited to welcome you to the family, Leon. I couldn't have asked for a better man to marry my big sister. To Violetta and Leon!

Everyone: To Violetta and Leon!

Leon, Violetta: To us.

After an unbelievable evening, we all left, and Leon and I went back to our apartment. We got dressed and got ready for bed. He stood holding my arms wondering what I was going to say.

Violetta: I love you and I can't wait to be your wife!

Leon: Ooh, I love the sound of Martina Violetta Castillo-Vargas!

Violetta: How did you know that my first name is Martina?

Leon: If I'm going to be your husband, I should know everything about you my love. Plus, your dad said I must say Martina first in the proposal. I then realised the movie is called Tini, so I figured Tini is short for Martina. Why didn't you tell me? Even Brenda knew.

Violetta: In Spain, everyone called me Martina or Tini and never Violetta or Vilu. When I came to Argentina, I wanted a fresh start and I liked the name better, so I asked my dad, Olga and Ramallo to call me Violetta. No one knew me, so it was easy to get everyone to call me Violetta. We were acting in an international film, so I decided to use my full name in the movie. I didn't tell you because now there are more nicknames you can play around with, and I know you'll make fun of that name in some way or other.

Leon: I have a great nickname for you, how about I call you Martini?

He laughed and clutched onto both my hands so I couldn't leave.