Chapter 28: Finding Him

Violetta: Why would he do that? What did you do?

Stefan: I don't know, he just lost it.

Federico squeezed his arm even tighter and was about to twist it.

Violetta: Leon is not like that. If he did what you said, there had to be a reason. So, I'll ask again, what did you do Stefan?

Diego: The truth this time!

Stefan: Fine! He came to ask me about the messages. He found out everything I did, and he threatened to tell the cops.

Violetta: What did you do?

Stefan: Remember when I told you that I went to Cape Town... Now that was the place where Tomas and I met. We were the best of friends. He told me the story of how he killed your mother and I was intrigued. After a while, we left Cape Town because I needed to spend time with Mama Valeria, and he missed his sister. When I heard he went to jail for what he did, I called Gery. I couldn't let him stay there forever, so Gery and I decided to find out who hired him to kill her, so that they could take the blame. I then went back to Cape Town for a few weeks to find out if Tomas left anything there and when I didn't find anything, I went to Argentina to look. I then heard that you were getting married and I was shocked as it was a coincidence that Leon was the one you were marrying. I popped in and heard the vows and then I left. Wonderful wedding by the way, I loved the wedding dress and the song was cute.

Violetta: Thanks, but please continue.

Stefan: Yes, so anyway, I then went to meet Gery and she gave me an envelope and a phone number, and I found out that the person who killed your mother is here in Mexico. I called the number and I spoke to a lady. Once I mentioned Tomas, she hung up.

Violetta: But that doesn't explain why you want him out of jail so badly, is it because you love Tomas?

Stefan: Yes, well not in that way. I love him as a brother.

Violetta: Well, if it's not that, then it's her isn't it. You want Gery, but she's with Clement, and the only way she'll recognise you is if you get Tomas out of jail as he means everything to her.

Stefan: Wow, you're good!

Violetta: Yeah okay, but where did he go after he spoke to you?

Stefan: He said he's going back to the resort to talk to you.

Violetta: We've been at the resort the whole time?

Stefan: Well that's what he told me.

Federico: Looks like we're going back to the resort, and you're coming with us! Let's go!

We all got into the car and Diego drove back to the resort. When we got there, we looked for Leon everywhere. We found absolutely nothing! I was pacing up and down in the room for hours trying to figure out what to do next when Federico shouted at me.

Federico: Violetta! Stop pacing, just sit down and relax!

Violetta: Relax!? How can I relax when my husband is nowhere to be found!?

Federico: We will find him, I promise.

Violetta: We will find him yes, but will we find him dead or alive!?

Diego's (POV)
I've never seen Violetta like this before. I had so many things to tell her, but I couldn't as she was worried about Leon. I came to find him and support her, but I know if we don't find him soon, she'll be destroyed. It was getting late and after a few hours, she fell asleep on the bed. We couldn't let Stefan leave so Federico and I took turns to watch him. I took the early morning shift and Federico took the late night. When they woke up, Federico went with Stefan to get something to eat and I stayed with Violetta.

Diego: Can I make you coffee or tea?

Violetta: Tea please, milk and two sugar.

Diego: Coming right up!

Violetta: How are you and Fran, is everything okay with you two?

Diego: We're alright, actually that's what I've been meaning to speak...

Violetta: What happened?

Diego: I proposed to her two nights ago.

Violetta: Really! Congratulations, it's about time!

I shook my head as she shouted in excitement.

Violetta: Not congratulations? Did she not say yes?

Diego: Well she said she'll think about it.

Violetta: Maybe she's just processing everything. Don't worry, she'll come around. She loves you, she'll definitely say yes.

Diego: I hope you're right. Here's your tea.

Violetta: Thanks, and I'm here for you, Diego.

Diego: Thanks, Vilu. But first, let's find your husband and then we'll sort my problems out after.

After our chat, Federico and Stefan came back with breakfast. We ate and then we started searching for Leon again.

Violetta's (POV)
Diego looked under the bed and saw something on the floor.

Diego: That's weird, was this always here?

Violetta: Is that a listening device?

Stefan: Look up there!

He pointed towards the ceiling. In the corner, there was a small camera installed in our room.

Federico: Why has the resort been watching you both?

Violetta: Wait, that means that they saw when Leon and I...

Diego: Let's get out of here right now!

We went to reception and found Rita at her post.

Violetta: Hi Rita, I'd like to talk to the manager please.

Rita: The manager is not here at the moment.

Diego: Do you mind if we take a look at your security footage? We have reason to believe that someone has been listening and filming the Vargas' and we could sue this resort for that!

Rita: We are not allowed to show guests any security footage without authorisation from the manager.

Federico: Excuse me, did you not listen to what my friend just said? Where is your manager? I'd like to speak to the manager right now, so if he or she is not here, then give me the number now!

Rita: Alright, I'll see what I can do.

Stefan: Uh wait a minute, guys...

As she walked out to go find the manager, someone walked through the door, he looked like someone that worked here too.

Sergio: Hi, how may I help you all?

Violetta: Hi, no it's okay, Rita is already helping us.

Sergio: Who's Rita?

Violetta: The receptionist that works here, she said that she's calling the resort's manager for us.

Sergio: I'm the manager, Sergio. There's no woman that works here by the name Rita.

Hey everyone! I know it's a bit of a short one that's why I'll be updating more to make up for it! Hope you're loving the book! Comment, share and vote if you do! - MALIKAH 🥰❤️