Chapter 11: Awards Evening

Violetta's (POV)
2 weeks went by and now tonight is finally the night of the Oscar Awards in Los Angeles. Ludmila's guests were Federico and Naty, Leon gave Diego and Francesca his guest tickets because his parents couldn't make it, and I gave mine to my dad and Angie. As we were getting dressed, I got a call from Brenda.

Brenda on the phone with Violetta

Brenda: Good morning, Violetta. Hope you and Leon are well and ready for tonight!

Violetta: Morning, Brenda. We are indeed.

Brenda: Good news, I got 5 extra tickets for the rest of your friends.

Violetta: Thank you so much, Brenda. I really appreciate it!

Brenda: No problemo! I'll see you there!

Violetta: Yes, we'll see you there, bye!

Leon: What did she say?

Violetta: She got extra tickets for Maxi, Cami, Broduey, Andres and Bridgit.

Leon: That's great! Come let's go out for brunch and then we can get ready for tonight.

Violetta: Alright, let's get going then.

We got out of the hotel and went to a small restaurant nearby. I ordered fruit and yogurt with orange juice for me and for Leon, he ordered poached eggs with a slice of toast. It was so delicious that he wanted more. After he ate his second round, we went back to the hotel to go and get ready for the night.

Leon: What are you wearing tonight?

Violetta: It's a surprise, Leon.

Leon: But I want us to match, so at least tell me what colour to wear.

Violetta: Okay. It's something red. So, wear black.

Later, I went to the bathroom with the garment bag in my hand as I didn't want him to see the dress. I wore a thin-strapped, red-shimmering sequined dress that was slightly flared. I came out of the bathroom to see my fine-looking man standing in front of me. He wore a full, tightly fitted black suit with shiny black formal shoes.

Leon: Wow! You look perfect, my love!

Violetta: And you look charming as usual!

We left and went downstairs to meet Diego and Francesca. After we got to them, we went to Dolby Theatre. When we got to our seats, we saw Federico, Ludmila, Naty, my dad and Angie. We greeted them and sat down, waiting for it to start. Brie Larson presented the award to the winner of the Best International Feature Film.

Brie Larson: The nominees are 'Les Misérables', 'Tini: The New Life Of Violetta', and 'Better Days'.

There was a quick silence before she announced the winner.

Brie Larson: The winner of the Best International Feature Film is, 'Les Misérables!'

I didn't think we would win it, so it wasn't too much of a disappointment. After the movie director went to go get their award, Diane Keaton presented the next award, which was the Best Original Song Award.

Diane Keaton: The nominees are 'Remember Me' from 'Coco' by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, '(I'm Gonna) Love Me Again' from 'Rocketman' by Elton John and Bernie Taupin, and 'Born To Shine' from 'Tini: The New Life Of Violetta' by Martina Violetta Stoessel Castillo.

Leon held my hand as he was more nervous than I was.

Diane Keaton: The winner of the Best Original Song, goes to Elton John and Bernie Taupin with '(I'm Gonna) Love Me Again' from the movie 'Rocketman!'