Chapter 26: Family Approval

We popped in to see Stefan's mother sitting down, drinking tea.

Leon: Mama Valeria! I've missed you so much!

He ran to her with a massive grin on his face and hugged her tightly.

Mama Valeria: My little Leon! I've missed you so much too! Oh, look how much you've grown! How are you my boy?

Leon: I'm very well thanks and you Mama?

Mama Valeria: I'm well, can't complain. So, tell me who did you finally bring home for me to meet?

Leon: Mama, this is Martina Violetta, everyone calls her either Violetta, Vilu or Tini, which is her stage name. She's my lovely wife. My love, this is Mama Valeria, my second mom.

Violetta: It's a pleasure to meet the woman who has a special place in his heart. He's told me so much about you.

Mama Valeria: Is this the same girl from 6 years ago, when you called to ask me for advice on whether you should ask her out or not?

Leon: Yes, Mama! How do you still remember that?

Mama Valeria: I'm getting old, but not that old my boy. That was the last time you called, so I didn't forget because I wanted to know what happened after you told her that you wanted to be with her!

Leon: I sent you letters to check up on you when I lost your number, but Mama didn't answer, so I stopped.

Mama Valeria: Okay, take my number from the fridge. I want no more excuses, I want a call or message from you every 2 weeks.

Violetta: Don't worry, I'll make sure that he'll call.

Mama Valeria: I like her, now I see why you wanted her so badly.

Stefan: I'm so jealous man! You have the talent, the fame and the woman. If I must say so myself, your wife is one exceptionally gorgeous woman. Violetta, if Leon messes up the marriage, I'll be fine being your rebound.

Leon: Dude, I'm not going to mess up this marriage. It's actually the one thing in my life that I know I won't ruin. Oh and I know, I do have an exceptionally gorgeous woman by my side.

He winked at me and I couldn't help but smile back at him.

Violetta: I'm sorry Stefan, but even if I'd love to have you as a rebound, my husband is the love of my life and I don't think I'll ever be able to live without him.

Stefan: Did you hear that Leon, at least she'd love to have me as a rebound. That means I have a chance!

Leon: Not really, she was just being kind because that's how she is.

Stefan: She just admitted her feelings towards me, so you better watch out little Leon.

Leon: I'm not afraid of you man, give your best shot.

Mama Valeria: I can't believe you two are fighting over my little Tini. Is it fine that I call you that?

Violetta: Sure, it makes me feel part of the family.

Mama Valeria: You are part of our family now, and I couldn't be more delighted! Do you want anything to drink or eat?

Leon: It's okay, Mama Valeria. We need to get going now as I have a surprise waiting for her back at the resort.

Violetta: You and your surprises, let's get going then.

We left and walked a bit down the street and then we took our car back to the resort. When we got to the resort, we walked in to see our bed full of red rose petals and a bottle of champagne on a cart.