Chapter 18: Leon's Birthday Picnic

Today is Leon's birthday. I was excited to celebrate yet another birthday with him. He told everyone that he didn't want anything for his birthday, so I planned something just for the two of us and I couldn't wait for him to see what I had planned.

00:00 – 15th May

Violetta: Leon, wake up! Wake up!

Leon: Why are you shouting? I'm up, I'm up! What's going on?

Violetta: Here's a song for you today
A special one, it is indeed
Up above the birds are singing
Congratulations from me
Whatever you wish, you will get
Whatever you want to do
May an angel follow each step
A happy birthday to you.

Leon: Awww, you're so cute!

Violetta: Happy Birthday, my love!

Leon: Thank you! Now let's go back to sleep.

He gave me a kiss on the cheek and then laid back in bed with his pillow over his head.

Violetta: What? No, we're going to do something together!

Leon: It's so early and I'm tired. Can't we sleep in today?

Violetta: It's our last birthday before we're married! Let's make the most of it, unless you're too tired to enjoy an early picnic with your fiancée, then fine go back to bed.

Leon: Okay, thanks. Love you, night.

I was shocked that he actually turned my plans down. I hit him hard with a pillow to wake him up again.

Leon's (POV)
I fell asleep peacefully until I felt something whack me on the head. Violetta was hitting me as I didn't want to wake up. I knew what I did but I pretended to act like I didn't.

Leon: Why are you hitting me! What did I do!?

Violetta: You're sleeping on your birthday when you can have fun with me! Your fiancée! Is sleep really more important than that?

Leon: Okay, okay. I'll get up now, let's go.

Violetta: Great, you won't regret this!

Leon: I hope I won't. Where are we going?

Violetta: For one day in your life, let me surprise you!

Leon: I feel like it's a picnic downstairs, isn't it?

Violetta: How did you know?

Leon: You told me when you were trying to get me out of bed!

Violetta: Oh, right. See, this is why you usually do the surprises.

We walked downstairs and there was a candlelit room prepared for me. There lied a picnic filled with all my favourite snacks and a book next to the basket.

Violetta: What do you think? Do you like it?

Leon: I love it, thank you!

I gave her a hug and we sat down. I looked at the book and saw it was a memory album.

Leon: Where did you get this?

Violetta: Your mom gave it to me. She said that we should continue using it when we have kids of our own. Go on, open it.

I opened it and saw all the pictures of me as a child. There were pictures of Violetta and I in here too, which weren't in before.

Leon: When did you add these?

Violetta: I recently added it. These are my favourite, so I put it in.

Leon: I love these pictures. We look so in love.