Chapter 16: Movie Choices And Old Problems

Leon's (POV)
The girls wanted to watch a romantic movie, but Diego and I wanted to watch a thriller and horror movie instead.

Francesca: So, how are we going to decide, since it's two votes each?

Violetta: I have an idea.

She came closer to me and whispered in my ear. She was going to try and make me swing my vote by sweet-talking me.

Violetta: If you let us watch this movie, then we can do anything you want tomorrow night. Anything you desire. So, choose wisely, babe.

And within a second, I made my decision.

Leon: Alright guys, I guess it's 'The Notebook'!

Francesca: Yay!!! I'll get the popcorn!

Violetta: Let me help you with that.

Diego: Again! We've seen it 100 times! You're just weak, man!

Leon: I'm sorry, it was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I'd be stupid to refuse an offer like that!

Diego: Weak, that's all I'm going to say. You're weak Leon Vargas!

We started watching the movie soon after. We were at the part where they're at the beach. I was waiting for the moment Noah spoke so I could whisper exactly what he said to Violetta.

Leon: If you're a bird, I'm a bird.

Violetta: Aww, you're my bird.

Francesca's head rested on Diego's lap as he slowly fell asleep. I was holding Violetta while she rested her head on my chest. We were all in a comfortable position as the movie went on, but when we got to the scene where Noah and Allie are going to kiss soon in the rain, Violetta lifted her head from my chest and sat up straight.

Violetta: Romantic movies are the best thing that ever happened to me! Please kiss her!

Diego woke up and heard Violetta shouting at the tv.

Diego: We've watched this already, this is where they kiss and then they get back together in the end.

I sat up and looked at him, signalling that he must stop talking as I knew Violetta would get upset because he ruined her moment.

Violetta: Did he just ruined the movie!

Francesca: Diego Hernandez! Why did you have to ruin the most romantic part of the movie!

Diego: You've watched it already! You know what's going to happen!

Leon: Dude, you don't ever spoil movies Francesca and Violetta are watching, even if they've already watched it before. I've learned that the hard way, Violetta didn't speak to me for a week.

Diego: But all the movies are the same, they always get together at the end of it! The guy and the girl...

Francesca: Shhh! This is it! Here's where they kiss!

Violetta: Ahh this is great! I love it!

Violetta clutched on the popcorn bowl and kept eating as they were kissing. I put my arm around her as she leaned back. I wanted some popcorn, so I reached for some, but she hit my hand away.

Violetta: What are you doing Leon! You said you didn't want any popcorn earlier when I offered you, so you're not getting any.

Leon: I didn't want at the time, but now I do. You can share some of it with me, your future husband, the love of your life, please!

Violetta: Fine, you want some? Here you go, enjoy!

She took a handful of popcorn and threw it in my face.