Chapter 17: A Song And Nightmares

Just over a week after, we started working on the song and got a melody, but not the lyrics. We had a lot of disagreements about the lyrics because we kept on thinking about adding the word 'wedding' in it.

Leon: I think we're overthinking this. Why don't we start by selecting a theme so we can write the lyrics?

Violetta: Alright. So, what's our theme? A wedding?

Leon: Why can't it be about love?

Violetta: Okay, yeah, we can maybe write about how we feel about each other right now. What do you think?

Leon: Yes, I like that. Let's try it.

We took a few minutes to write about how we feel about each other.

Leon: Okay, so how do you feel about me?

Violetta: Well, I've written a lot of things. How do you feel about me?

Leon: I always go first, why don't you just tell me.

Violetta: Fine, well... I feel like what we have is special and that I'm lost without you. You're my light that shines in the air.

Leon: When we're not together, I hear songs that connect us.

Violetta: Wait, let's try this... Quickly, play the music.

He played the music and I played around with a verse.

Violetta: "What we have is very special, when I'm lost". No, that doesn't work. Any ideas?

Leon: What about if we sing about how it will be like when we get married. Like let's say, "This could be so very special, when I'm lost."

Violetta: Yes, I like it. So, it's, "This could be so very special, when I'm lost, you're the light... no you're the flame that lights the air."

Leon: Yeah, I like the flame better. So now we are at the altar and we're about to get married, "Why wait now, let's just do it?"

Violetta: Or "When I'm lost, you're the flame that lights the air. Why wait here now, let's continue."

Leon: And then, "I hear songs to connect us when you're gone."

Violetta: Yes! You're the only one I want so if I don't have you why have anything. That's my next point.

Leon: Aww! Okay, what if we say, "Why have anything if I can't have you?"

Violetta: Yeah, I like that. What else have you written?

Leon: When I look at you, I feel nothing but tornadoes.

Violetta: Okay, what if we can combine the two together?

Leon: What do you mean, like make it a reason that I need you?

Violetta: Yeah, here's what I mean. "Why have anything if I can't have you, cause I can feel tornadoes when I look at you."

We both started quickly writing in our notepads.

Leon: "Na-na-na nana na-na". I think I have the next few lines.

Violetta: Me too, actually. What does yours say?

Leon: You go first. Show me what you got.

Violetta: "Carry my heart, take it wherever you are"
Leon: "Together we'll go so far, we're gonna last forever"
Violetta: "I'll carry your heart, so we will never be apart"
Leon: "You are my angel, the one..."
Leon, Violetta: "So carry me to the stars."

That's the thing about us. The difference between our relationship, and others is that those people usually finish each other's sentences, but we finish each other's lyrics. I had half of the song and he had the other. We were finally getting somewhere with the song. We continued writing the rest of the song and when we were done, we sang the whole song together to hear how it sounds.