CHAPTER 21

Hobi's Pov

"Hobi-ah where did you hear this name from?" Nana ask me with a curious tone.

"A friend of mine asked me if I recognize this name and I said no. She said this name is her great grandmother." I said and they both gasped.

"What?Why? Do you know this person?" They look at me and Nana held my hand.

"Hobi-ah." Nana called out to me.

"Why? What happened?" She let go of my hand and turn toward Pops.

"Son, I think you need to know the truth." Pops said in a serious tone. What truth?

"You do know that you're named after your great grandfather right?" He said and I nodded.

"Well you see, your great grandfather was a protector of the purple amulet after the death of Jung Ji Yun. She was a spirit seeker she can see spirits and her descendants take the same gift from her but not everyone can....only the choosen ones."

"But it was too dangerous for their clan to pass it from generation to generation when she decided she doesn't want her descendants to suffer the same faith as hers and she broke the law of magic. She decided to go back to the past and to remove this fate of all her ancestors. But things didn't go as she plan. Magic cannot be taunt with or underestimate it. It can punish you the way no one can ever think of. She was in coma for 3 years straight but the truth is her spirit was stuck in the time loop."

"They believe her spirit is still stuck there and her body died. Before travelling to the past she knew she could fail so she entrusted your great grandfather the purple amulet. To keep it save from the evils of the world. Your great grandfather did his part and pass that onto me." He said and I was stunned.

"So, you mean you have the purple amulet with you?" I ask and he nodded. He look over to nana and she got off her seat to somewhere.

"But pops, what's so special about this amulet?" I ask him not knowing why does it have to be saved from the evils of the world.

"My son, it wasn't just any ordinary amulet. That was the one of the most powerful and rare source on earth. It holds great magic and a lot of power. It has to be protected."

"Honey." Nana came into the room and gave me a box. It was an old dusty wooden box carved with letters JJY. I took it from her and look over to pops. He tells me to open it and I did. But the weird thing is that it wasn't the amulet, it was a key.

"It's a key?" I ask and look at them confusingly.

"Then what would you expect it will be? I told you the amulet is very powerful and rare. I can't possibly keep it with me. I had to hide it somewhere far and safe." Pops said which did make sense.

"If you said you hid it then..where did you hide it?" I ask.

"Son, promise me something." He said.

"Anything pops." I said very determined of my decision.

"You see I'm getting old and probably won't be here for long. So, I want you to promise me, Promise me you'll bring the amulet to the rightful owner and protect it with all your life." He said and look at me with pleading eyes.

"I promise pops. I'll do whatever I can to serve it to the right person and protect them." I said and that lit a smile on my grandfather's face.

"I trust you Hoseok." Pops said and engulf me into a hug.

Y/n's Pov.
I must find a way to convince my mom so I can go to Gwangju. But how? It's even more difficult now to explain. Even though grandma knows about it, I don't think mom will ever believe me like always. I sigh and went back to my room.

Ever since Minsoo left I haven't spot Taehyung anywhere. Where could that boy be? I thought he was in the attic but he's not there. I searched everywhere but I still can't find him. That's strange, he never wander off alone.

The roof. Of course he could be there. I climbed upstairs and I was right, he was there. But he's not alone. I see two figures standing along with him. What is he doing here? And who are those two? I hid in the corner and eavesdrop into their conversation.

"Then I think I could go see your boss personally." That's Taehyung's voice. Wait...boss? Boss who?

"I'm sure she can help you Taehyung. Our boss is the most intelligent creature there is on this planet. And I've spoken to her about your condition. She said you can meet her." Another voice spoke but it sounds quite familiar. It's dark I couldn't see their face properly. And who is this 'she' they're talking about?

"But where can I meet her?"

"You have to come with us. To our place." Another voice said and that's when it hit me. The two grim reapers! Jin and Namjoon.

"Okay, I'll go with you." Taehyung said which still confuse me. What were they talking about.

"Then I'll see you tomorrow noon." They said and then disappear into thin air. Taehyung was still standing there, staring at the moon. And I was still hiding in the corner.

"I'm sorry y/n." I can hear him mumble. Why is he apologizing?

I went back downstairs and thought about their conversation. It's probably about Taehyung, that is for sure. Did he find a way to go to the afterlife? I should be happy about it right. He's finally going to be in peace. But am I really happy? Why does my heart aches on realising I'll never see him again. He'll be gone...forever.

"Y/n, I need to talk to you." My mom suddenly stood in front of me which nearly gave me a heart attack.

"Mom!! You scared me!" I jumped and held my chest tight.

"This way." She said in a serious tone and I was still dazed. I followed her to her room and made me sit on the bed.

I sat down on the edge of the bed and fiddle my fingers. I don't know what she wants to talk about but the atmosphere tells me it's not gonna be good.

"So, when are you gonna tell me about those boyfriends of yours." She said which left me stunned.
.................. ......... ......... ..................
So...my exams are postponed to June and I'm extremely tired of this studying. I wonder if I'll ever get to write the exams or not. Plus we have our boys's 8th anniversary on the same month🙂🔫 I'm literally crying ㅠㅠ but don't worry we'll be active as possible in updating new chapters and for now I'm going to take care of the updating and maybe after my exams start, my friend who also manages this account will be sure to update you.
Btw I took most of the information of magic from 'Harry Potter'. I love this movie but I haven't read the book though. How many of you have read the book 'Harry Potter'? Leave a comment below.

See ya!👋